The first online casino opened in the mid-90s, and as technology has advanced the popularity of online casinos has grown to such an extent that playing online is preferable for many compared to visiting a land-based venue.
The online casino industry is so popular that new casinos are arriving on our pages every month, and although the choice is excellent for the customer, too much can be somewhat confusing, especially if you are new to the world of online gambling.
Online casinos use different tactics to encourage new traffic, and one of the most successful is the online casino bonus, the welcome bonus (sometimes called the sign-up bonus) being the biggest. These bonuses replace land-based casino incentives like free drinks or loyalty programs.
Below we are going to take a look at a list of the best casino bonus offers today and what they mean for you as a player, but before we carry on please remember that just because a bonus is given to you, it does not mean that you can claim it right away. Before cashing out you will need to clear the bonus by completing the requirements set out when you opted in. All terms and conditions are clearly stated for each game and should be thoroughly understood.
The Different Types of Online Casino Bonuses
- The welcome or sign-up bonus is meant to attract new players and can be claimed upon registration at a new site. Offered as a single percentage bonus or as a package of bonuses ( a combination of a deposit bonus and free spins) the welcome bonus is only offered to new players.
- The deposit bonus (also called a match bonus) is offered when you deposit real money at an online casino. These bonuses offer a percentage of your deposit up to and beyond 100%. For instance, if you deposited £100 the casino would then match your deposit with a further £100 of casino bonus money, doubling your bankroll.
- No deposit bonuses are the direct opposite of a deposit bonus as there is no need to deposit to opt-in. These bonuses are rarer and are usually lower than a deposit bonus. Again, check the terms and conditions thoroughly for any restrictions that apply.
- The reload bonus is offered to existing customers and takes the form of a match percentage (usually lower than 100%) on further deposits made into your online casino account.
- The free spins bonus* is a popular choice with several benefits attached. When playing free spins (usually on a named game) there is the potential of building up some real cash (if you hit a winning streak) Of course, there is always the chance you will not hit a winning streak, but this type of bonus is fully immersive and exciting to choose.
*JeffBet.com is currently offering a 20 free spins welcome bonus on Rainbow Riches with no wagering on your winnings requirement.
- The social media bonus is only available through an operator’s social media account. This type of bonus is used to get the online casino more social, followers and is usually well worth considering as they can be better than the normal bonuses on offer
- Cashback bonuses are a percentage of your losses given back to you by the online casino. The percentage differs so check before opting in.
- The High Roller or VIP bonus is offered to those players who are regulars and spend higher amounts of money. Access to exclusive games, events and offers that all have higher winnings or bonus offers attached are part of this type of bonus.
- Bonus codes are released by operators (to a specialist review site) to attract more traffic. The bonus codes can take the form of free spins or even larger bonus amounts. All you need to do is enter the code and hit confirm to grab yours.