The Aegis 3NXC is the most versatile hardware-encrypted USB on the market: it is compatible with PCs and Macs, as well as any operating system, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and Symbian. This provides an effective way of safeguarding data across today’s remote workforces, where employees are using a diverse range of business and personal devices to carry out their work. The device automatically encrypts all information as the user uploads it, with military-grade AES XTS hardware encryption.
Last year we checked out their USB – A 3NX Flash Drive and Fortress L3 padlock and to date both have kept me safe and sound along with my data which is the topic of the day lately and everyone needs to buckle up now when it comes to storing or being in control of data.
The New Aegis 3NXC is a more current offering as more devices now move to USB-C there is little out there when it comes to security measures,here in Ireland we have no many laptops with USB-C but here is where this key gets more interesting, You mobile phone is one as most phones today are USC and not only this portable devices in particular so now it is easy to move data from your phone or tablet onto the key and your data is then safe and kept that way, None of my laptops have a USB-C port but this also works with an adapter from USB A- TO C , A workaround for products connecting to my current set up but none the less it works and future proofs upcoming tech peripherals using USB-C.
For use on mobile is great though you can also use other devices that have USB-C ports and with a screen to watch what is going on, For those on the go this is an idea product especially in my capacity with the amount of files and videos I would take on my smartphone on a daily basis it is a simple job to swap them over onto the flash drive and it is all kept safe.
- No software – so there’s nothing to keylog or to hack.
- OS agnostic – the device is completely cross platform compatible.
- Onboard keypad – all authentication takes place within the device itself.
- All data, passwords and encryption keys are 256-bit encrypted at rest.
- No host computer is involved in setup, authentication or encryption.
- Forced enrollment – no default PINs ensures that data is not put at risk by employees who fail to change a factory set PIN before deployment.
- IP-68 validation against water and dust damage.
- Separate administrator and user access.
- Read-only options that can be enforced by the administrator or set by the user if allowed by policy.
- Highly configurable with policy such as time out values, Data recovery PINs, and programmable PIN lengths.
- Brute force PIN attack protection.
- Ability to automatically configure multiple devices remotely using Apricorn’s Aegis Configurator tool.