The Jabra Evolve 2 75 came in the Jabra typical box with the usual colours and clearly defined the features on these earphones visible on the box, The Box came as 100% recyclable and sustainable ink. The On-ear headband comes in ultra soft foam covered in colour-matched leatherette, this has a metal slide arm to adjust for the individual head size and comfort of the user. This is similar to the Jabra Evolve2 65 reviewed last year but the 75 has a discrete mic that can be folded away.
- Jabra Link
- 380 Bluetooth adapter,
- USB C cable
- Carry pouch
- User documents
Warranty: 2 years
It’s great to see manufactures confidence in their products with a 2 year warranty
- Corded charging USB-C
- Sleep mode Yes
- Charging time Up to 160 minutes
- Battery status % after 30 min / 60 min 30% after 35 min and 60% after 70 min
Setup is easy and works, this can be connected to a phone and a laptop, the unit can be paired to 8 devices with 2 Simultaneous Bluetooth connections, utilising Bluetooth version 5.2 with a range of Up to 30m,
Alternative when connected to a laptop the 380 Bluetooth adapter (AKA dongle ) can be plugged directly into the laptop and works.
- Connectivity Bluetooth®, USB-C
- Bluetooth profiles A2DP v1.3, AVRCP v1.6, HFP v1.8, HSP v1.2, PBAP v1.1, SPP v1.2
- Bluetooth version 5.2
Simultaneous Bluetooth connections 2
- This is a feature I would recommend strongly for me personally if earphones do not connect to multiple devices, walk away! These are typically connected to my Laptop and phone, for work / social music or taking calls leaving a free hand to take notes.
As expected from Jabra the call quality is excellent due to the 8 microphones and Jabra beamforming technology. In essence, the background noise is filtered out with anyone standing beside the headset unable to hear the conversation. There is the option to change between Active Noise-Cancellation (ANC) or hear through to allow you to concentrate on the surroundings or ensure you are not shouting on an office call. The discreet microphone is required to be extended fully when in use, as the person on the other may hear a broken voice if not extended fully.
To enhance the experience, the software /app can be used Jabra Direct, Jabra Sound+, Jabra Xpress ( software demo on the previous review Jabra Evolve 2 65 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHj4gVUX93A&t=497s )
This model has one major difference from the previously reviewed Jabra Evolve 2 65 which has been a workhorse of mine,as an on-ear headband due to, it works on every call connects to the laptop or phone, with excellent battery life while the Evolve 2 65 is not used outside of an office environment due to the boom mic. The Jabra Evolve 2 75 has the same technology in terms of great battery life, ANC / hear through and connects each time but has a discreet mic folded away which can be comfortably used in an office environment or Gym setting or noisy environment. This model is not for everyone as the design allows the mic to only work on the right ear, this model comes with no charging stand ( optional extra ) albeit not required as charging via a standard USB C cables works,
The features are approved for the MS Teams and work on other types of calls, this has additional features in terms of Busylight, Calls controls Voice guidance. A real positive for practical use is the discrete hide-away arm with built-in mute and auto-answer functions. The Jabra family of earphones has tried and tested software to allow a tailored experience for the user preference of audio.
The Jabra Evolve 2 65 has been one of my favourite earphones over the last year, with the Evolve 2 75 superseding this with the discrete mic, excellent battery and call quality, an excellent choice for the new hybrid options of lifestyle.
Key Features and Specifications:
- 26% per cent more Noise Cancellation than Evolve 75 through Adjustable Jabra Advanced ANC, dedicated chipset and Jabra’s new Dual Foam Technology
- Premium Open Office microphones with a 33 per cent shorter hide-away microphone boom arm than Evolve 75
- 8 microphone technology
- Superior quality calls
- High quality audio with the boom arm retracted in discreet mode, or when fully down in performance mode. Optimised for a flexible worklife
- Certified for all major UC platforms
- Up to 30m/100 ft wireless range
- Connect two devices with dual connectivity
- Dedicated Teams button (on MS Teams variant)
- Integrated 360° busylight
- Up to 36h MusicTime, 24h TalkTime (without ANC and Busylight) 33% more TalkTime than Evolve75
- Powerful music w/ 40mm speakers & AAC codecs
- Device management with Jabra Direct and Xpress
- Personalisation with Jabra Sound+ and Jabra Direct
- Google fast pair* (*Android Only)