Today, HP Inc. announced the launch of the HP Chromebase 21.5 inch All-in-One Desktop – the world’s first Chromebase AiO with a rotating display for improved browsing experiences. Designed to be placed anywhere in the home for the ultimate family sharing, entertainment, and learning experience, the Chromebase AiO delivers personalised experiences tailored to each user in the household.
Today’s Chrome OS users seek technology solutions that support and optimise their lifestyle including hybrid work and family time, according to recent research from HP. They are not only purchasing a device that allows them to work from home (63%), but also buying a device for someone else (27%) within their household. In fact, 52% of respondents have children, which explains why 53% used Chrome OS for both work and school. The new Chromebase AiO addresses this change to deliver personalised experiences tailored to each user in the household.
HP Chromebase All-in-One: The Social Hub for Your Home
The HP Chromebase AiO features a unique design that is head turning and practical anywhere in the home, with a 21.5-inch FHD rotating touch display. The screen can tilt upwards 20 degrees, and easily rotate 90 degrees from landscape to portrait mode with a simple touch for new ways to experience entertainment and immersive content. Portrait mode allows for better viewing to read, to scroll through lengthy webpages and social posts, or to be more productive when taking notes, or creating and editing documents. And the HP Chromebase AiO’s split screen feature allows for viewing multiple pages simultaneously for enhanced productivity and versatility.
“The last year and a half drastically shifted consumers to a new hybrid world, putting a focus on how they think about and use their devices, with a change from one PC per household to now one PC per person to work, live, and play,” said Josephine Tan, Global Head and General Manager, Consumer PCs at HP Inc. “HP collaborated closely with Google to optimise our newest platforms, along with curating a superb and secure software and app ecosystem for the best possible experience on Chrome OS devices. As a result, we’re expanding our Chrome OS portfolio with the introduction of the the HP Chromebase 21.5 inch All-in-One as users search for devices that help them seek a more personal, or family friendly experience, in today’s hybrid world.”
“With the new Chromebase All-in-One, we’re thrilled to collaborate with HP to provide more people with the speedy, secure, and simple computing experience of Chrome OS,” said Alexander Kuscher, Director of Chrome OS Software at Google. “Whether it’s having peace of mind that your data is secure or that you’re able to get things done, we’re committed to meeting the needs of our users for work learning, or play, be it at home or on the go.”
Along with the reimagining of an all-in-one display, the device features:
- Intel® Core™ processors with up to 256 GB SSD storage and up to 16 GB DRAM memory to handle whatever coursework or entertainment needs are thrown at it.
- An amazing audio and video experience for video calls and online learning, with Audio by B&O, dual 5W speakers, and a 5 MP camera with a large sensor to allow for dynamic adjustment from low lighting for higher quality images in any room. And easily turn on and off the camera and microphone with the Privacy Camera Switch.
- Works With Chromebook certified wireless Bluetooth mouse and keyboard keeps the space clean and cord free, and allows easy transitions from hands-free web browsing to a learning and productivity powerhouse in an instant.
- HP QuickDrop to transfer content quickly and easily to and from mobile devices to the HP Chromebase AiO.
- Built to last: the compact conical base design offers a small footprint for any room and is made with an internal die cast aluminum for added strength and stability. The elevated base offers improved air flow and helps protect from minor spills. The fabric-wrapped base is durable and kid-friendly, easily tolerating a gentle wipe with a damp cloth.
- Google’s familiar tools and Chrome OS capabilities, including:
o A single log-in to seamlessly transition from an Android phone to the HP Chromebase AiO.
o Google User profile management so everyone in the family can have their own unique experience.
o Voice search via Google Assistant for hands-free and intuitive interaction.
- Ambient Mode to quickly access content or run a slide show of a photo library.
- Google Family Link for additional parental control setting and built-in Chrome OS security.
- Access Play Store apps on a bigger screen for a more immersive experience, and take advantage of Google Stadia Online gaming for a much-deserved game break.
- Immediate wake upon mouse movement or keyboard press, and rapid full-start only takes a few seconds.
“We were excited to collaborate with HP and Google to help deliver this world’s first Chromebase AiO that delivers the evolving collaboration, entertainment, and learning experiences for today’s families,” said Mandy Mock, Intel Vice President and General Manager of Desktop, Workstation and Channel Group at Intel Corporation.
HP continues to innovate across all areas of its business to build on the World’s Most Sustainable Portfolio. The new HP Chromebase AiO features sustainably sourced packaging, and the speaker cloth is 100% recycled polyester. It is also both Energy Star Certified and ePeat Silver certified.
Pricing and Availability
- The HP Chromebase 21.5 inch All-in-One Desktop is expected to be available from September at for a starting price of €710.00