The datAshur BT is an ultra-secure, hardware encrypted USB 3.2 (Gen 1) flash drive that offers multi-factor smartphone (Android and iOS) secure wireless user-authentication via an encrypted Bluetooth channel between the phone and the drive. We have tested several of this companies products and you can expect the highest level of security with all their products, this is an ideal kit for those who have to take information home with them or travel with work to locations and the accompanying app works really well too..
The datAshur BT encrypts data in real-time using a FIPS certified AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption algorithm. datAshur BT is OS/Host independent and works with all operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome, etc.) and devices supporting USB mass storage (computers, medical devices, TVs, drones, printers, scanners, etc.).
datAshur BT – Personal App
Download and install the datAshur BT Personal App if you will be using the datAshur BT drive without Remote Management.
• Authenticate using a 7-15-character password or Biometric unlock (Face ID/Facial recognition, Touch ID/Fingerprint and IRIS scanning). User app supports 12 languages.2
• Supports 2-Factor Authentication via SMS
• Remote wipe – The datAshur BT hardware encrypted USB flash drive can be remotely wiped in the event the drive is lost or stolen.
• Step away auto-lock – locks the drive when the iOS/Android device is moved approximately 5m away from the drive for longer than 5 seconds.
• Inactivity Auto lock – protects against unauthorised access if the datAshur BT USB flash drive is unlocked and inactive for a pre-determined period of time (between 1–60 minutes).
• Read Only (Write Protect) feature
• Password recovery, and more.
Main features include:
- Lock/unlock the drive by simply using biometric unlock (Face ID, Touch ID and IRIS Scanning) or by entering a 7-15-character password via your smartphone, tablet or Apple Watch
- All data stored on the drive is encrypted in real-time using military grade AES-XTS 256-bit hardware encryption (FIPS compliant) to help you comply with regulations and directives, such as GDPR, HIPAA and CCPA
- Remote management ready via the iStorage datAshur BT Remote Management Web Console.
Check out the review below where we go through the app and remote management app..
2 thoughts on “Tech Review – The datAshur BT USB flash drive from iStorage. #datAshur #Tech #GDPR”
I bought one to hold some data based off my Windows 10 work computer (for when I am travelling for work). There only seems to be Apple and Android apps, not Windows, so I can’t access my work data. Complete waste of $169. Not happy.
WIndows movie has be en dead and killed off some time now and they have no app which is obvious to see on site why would they make an app for a dead platform
Comments are closed.