This is a smart plug that allows the option to Instantly turn connected devices on/off via the Tapo app. This is set up via the phone / Google assistant or Amazon Alexa with No Hub Required.
- Remote Control – Instantly turn connected devices on/off wherever you are through the Tapo app
- Schedule – Pre-set a schedule to automatically manage devices
- Timer – Create countdown timer lists for connected electronics
- Voice Control – Manage your smart plug with voice commands via Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant
- Away Mode – Simulates someone being at home by automatically turning the connected devices on/off randomly
- Compact Design – Mini-sized to avoid blocking adjacent sockets
- Easy Setup and Use – No hub required, set up quickly and manage easily via the free app
The setup is made easy by scanning the QR code on the box and following the app instructions. This app requires you to register and install a new ‘Tapo’ app which is another App to be used on the phone. The setup for Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for Voice Control is more challenging as it requires linking accounts with as limited instruction on either app for the setup. This model is not Kasa compatible as other TP links,
Overall the unit is reasonably priced from a recognised brand that works as required with a variety of options that can be used for scheduling to turn the socket on or off from any location. It may be worth getting a set of the same brand of kit to prevent having multiple apps on the phone. This unit worked well without breaking the bank.