The LG monitor came in a standard LG Box. The box gave little way in terms of features other than a Gaming Monitor. The 27″ Screen Size is perfect for viewing close but not large enough to view across a room. The Monitor is not a 4k Monitor rather Full HD (1920×1080) Resolution. The Monitor came with ample connector in the rear and a useful headphone out socket. The bracket design as expected from LG is off an excellent design.
240Hz Refresh Rate
Games are smoother and more thrilling at a higher refresh rate, and this 240Hz monitor can refresh the image on screen up to an astounding 240 times per second. Enjoy high-speed gaming with virtually no motion blur or stuttering.
1ms Motion Blur Reduction
1ms Motion Blur Reduction allows gamers to enjoy the precision and accuracy needed to play at a high level. With a response time that is virtually 1ms, blurring and ghosting are dramatically reduced to make the in-game action smoother and gamer’s reactions more precise.
AMD FreeSync™ Technology
LG’s monitors with AMD FreeSync™* technology reduces the tearing and stuttering that occur between a graphic card’s frame rate and a monitor’s refresh rate. Thanks to FreeSync, gaming enthusiasts can experience seamless, fluid movement throughout any hi-res, heavy-duty game.
Custom Gaming Environment
Optimize the display of different games, then switch between different modes quickly and easily. Precise presets for FPS, RTS and other genres are just a few clicks away. Users can also adjust for personal preferences, including crosshair shapes, brightness, aspect ratio and much more.
Advanced Gaming Features
Serious gaming features for serious gamers. Dynamic Action Sync assures smooth, action while Black Stabilizer reveals enhanced detail in dark scenes. The Crosshair feature helps to enhance accuracy in first-person shooter games.
The warranty is a disappointment from a South Korean multinational electronics company that is known through the world for their quality products with a 1-year warranty.
The setup was great in terms of no fiddle bit of screws etc were required, the bracket was self-explanatory to fit and sturdy. The abundance of sockets in the rear allowed connections of a variety of gaming consoles. The HDMI connected with Monitor picking up the resolution to match the input.
Note: The monitor does not come with speakers which would require to be got separate
Overview of LG monitor:
- The resolution runs smooth.
- The graphics were very good, a lot better and more stand out than most HD tv today.
- Very easy to set up and very compact and easily adjustable.
- The adjustability is a great plus for gaming as it is easier and a lot less stressful to adjust to the gamers height and have it at eye level for gaming purposes.
- The Custom Gaming Environment and Graphic and colours are very clear and very smooth which make gameplay a lot easier, the games with sensitivity e.g. fortnite, call of duty, etc. allows the increases sensitivity play faster for the player.
- Very easy to set up a console and has a variety of HDMI and USB ports so as well as your console it can be used for charging other devices such as phones and iPods, etc.
- After an hour of gameplay, a power saver mode comes on and displays it in the middle of the screen which could disrupt gameplay.
- Buttons are very hidden if not using a mouse and keyboard to use the monitor.
- No sound from the monitor unless speakers are provided by the user.
- High product in the price range but lacks 4k.
Overall the monitor was a commendable product, but the price is high range considering all the negatives, and not 4K. This is a Premium brand while there are monitors and televisions that are considered to have better graphs and have sound from them. This is a high-quality monitor for gaming that has an earphone slot which is another beneficial thing for gamers, Gameplay is very good and smooth leaving a traditional LED with similar resolution miles behind with the technology graphic cards frame rate and refresh rate. This is a serious gaming Monitor for serious gamers.