The Sphero mini looks like a ball, the size of a pin-pong ball roughly. This is made of a sturdy plastic Removing the cover of the ball looks like a robotic electronic ball within the ball. This is a small app-enabled robotic ball with a gyroscope, accelerometer, and LED lights that glow in millions of colours. The ball can rotate allowing Driving, Gaming, Java Coding in a small size. The ball is controlled to shoot through space, race through a tunnel, or destroy a polygon of bricks.
– Inductive Charging Base with USB cable
– Maze tape
– 360º protractor
– Sticker sheet
– Quick Start Guide to get you rolling
– Micro USB charging cord
– 3 Mini traffic cones
– 6 Mini bowling pins
- Drive – Drive Mini several ways with the Sphero Mini app – Joystick, Tilt, Slingshot, or Face Drive.
- Face Drive – Face Drive is a feature that uses your facial expressions to drive the ball.
- Gaming – Sphero Mini can be used with the app as a video game controller.
- Interchangeable Shells – Colourful, interchangeable shells allow you to switch one out to suit your mood.
The charging is done by unscrewing the ball and plug in the USB changer lead supplied. The charger looks great with bright lights but impractical to leave overnight in a bedroom room due to the Christmas tree effect of the lights. Charging time takes one hour with approx. 45 minutes of use.
The ball has a speed listed of Top speed 1 Meter per sec (2.2 mph) with the option of slow, fast. This speed is fast in a confined area and takes time and practice to become familiar with the controls. The Sphero mini allows a face drive feature that uses facial recognition technology to drive the ball. The app allows updated features of games played.
Traditional games of bowling can be placed with the supplied six mini bowling pins and three mini traffic cones. The interchangeable shells allow additional excitement with the unit. This is a fun product, that the user has the option to learn via the java programming or use straight from the app, or use face technology via Smile, frown, tilt your head left and right to control the unit.