Last week we featured an app than can help children at maths with Down Syndrome which was popular all week on the site and this is good to see,its great to see these kind of apps appear and making good use of technology we have around us today,Apps are still the way forward and its suggest even by Apple that TV will be soon ruled by apps..But that is Apple..
Another app which has been sent in is called Zap Zap Math which is on Android and iOS to download this however will require an internet connection to use the app too and the App is 73 MB in size so you would be best off to use Wi-Fi to download. The app is also now available to use off-line..
Marian explains how the app has been for her.
The app’s got really engaging graphics, characters and game play, so she doesn’t realize how much she really learns while engaged in ‘play’
– The math practice worksheets are rich with a universe of educational content, and the app has new exciting math games being added to it every 2 weeks!
– It’s aligned with Common Core standards and learning modules. My girl gets her foundation right before progressing to higher levels, and she’s addicted to getting higher scores..
Zap Zap Math delivers a set of free, higher order thinking games that cover comprehensive math subjects from kindergarten all the way through 6th grade. Games that focus on counting, addition/subtraction, fractions, ratios, geometry and more help build a strong math foundation while training critical thinking, logic, and problem solving in a well structured and independent manner.
MATH GAMES FOR ALL LEVELS K-6
* Fast paced, fun and interactive math games with high replay value
* 23 games with new games added every two weeks for your child to explore and practice new math topics
* Topics include: addition, subtraction, fraction, ratio, multiplication, geometry, expression, coordinates, measurements, angles, time, pre-school math
SCREEN TIME WELL SPENT
* Games advance as your child does to train critical thinking, logic, and problem solving
* Play online math games anytime, anywhere as a supplement to class, homework, or tutoring
* A safe learning and independent environment provides a gateway to gain confidence and academic interest
GO BEHIND THE SCENES
* Parents and teachers can track your child’s performance in our dashboard
* Identify which specific areas your kids need help with for math class or homework
* Get an overall math health check or deep dive to see which kids need help and where.