Casio has joined the party with its first ever outdoor- focused Android wear the WSD-F10. Casio had announced the rugged Android Wear smartwatch at the CES 2016. The watch is now available for purchase in the US and Japan only, there are no plans for making the most rugged Android wear available to other countries.
The Casio Smart Outdoor Watch is priced at $499.99 and is available at Google Store, Amazon, REI, and Casio’s website . It comes in orange or olive color options.
The watch is water resistance up to 50 meters and is also built to military standard specifications (MIL-STD-810G) so that it can withstand a variety of rugged activities. It comes with rugged outdoor apps like ViewRanger, MyRadar, and Runkeeper.
Casio WSD-F10 specifications
- 1.32-inch (320 x 300 pixels) dual layer (Color TFT LCD and monochrome LCD) display
- Android Wear OS (compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 and iOS)
- Dust and Water Resistant up to 50 meters
- Environmental Durability: MIL-STD-810Sensors: Pressure (air pressure, altitude) sensor, accelerometer, gyrometer, compass (magnetic) sensor
- Bluetooth 4.1 LE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Single microphone
- More than 1 day of battery life with normal use, more than 1 month with Timepiece Mode (timekeeping only)
Stay tuned for more tech buzz.