Selfie sticks are a craze these days and the also do my head in. Not only do they do my head in they are beginning to annoy the general public too with bans on the apparatus now creeping in everywhere,they are like umbrellas if you will people not minding how and where they use them and at times hit others in the process.
Thankfully now there is a new app for selfies,not a new idea either,example being camera apps such as Lumia selfie app found on Lumia devices which does a good job and no need for the elongated bothering selfie sticks,but there has been instances when people with such phones use the selfie stick too which is stupid and makes you look thick.
Snapi puts an end to uncomfortable Selfies, no more stretching your hand and fingers to trigger the camera to snap a shot. With Snapi you can now capture photos without touching the phone! Simply raise your open palm in front of camera, close it into a fist and open again – the photo will be captured. Snapi works up to 13 feet (4m) away – just put the phone down and get that group shot. So what are you waiting for? Start Snaping!
• Touch-free gesture technology engine by eyeSight
• Configurable capture countdown timer – choose how many seconds pass between gesture and capture
• Easily switch between the front and back cameras on your device
• All photos are stored on your device’s native photo gallery for a seamless sync of the photo stream
• Autofocus based on face recognition*
• Helpful sound feedback for photo capture, focus, and countdown
* Subject to phone’s capabilities
Note that the range of operation using the gesture to capture photos may vary based on your phone’s camera.