123ink.ie, a leading online office and printer supplies retailer in Ireland, has invested in excess of half a million euro in the country’s largest online store dedicated to 3D printing.
123-3D.ie is aiming to establish itself as the go-to destination for 3D printers and accessories, to tap into the emerging 3D printing market. The market reached a global valuation of USD 16.75 billion (circa €15.7 billion) in 2022 and is forecast to maintain a 23.3% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2023 to 2030.
With this new investment, the company is set to lead the way in Ireland by offering an unmatched range of 3D printing products and services.
“Our €500,000 investment underscores our commitment to making 3D printing accessible, affordable, and user-friendly for all. Whether you’re a hobbyist, student, company or professional, we have products to suit everyone,” said Dave Doyle, commercial manager, 123-3D.ie
Since setting up a year ago, 45% of sales in the store originate from consumers with the remaining 55% from businesses who have access to over 5,000 products, most of which are available in the company’s Dublin warehouse for same-day dispatch.
Among the sectors showing significant purchase volumes on 123-3D.ie, education takes the lead, with numerous universities and colleges incorporating 3D printing into engineering labs and curricula.
Additionally, dentists and orthodontists are actively leveraging 3D’s benefits by printing custom retainers and moulds same day, and onsite. Even funeral homes have embraced 3D printing, using it to craft personalised urns that offer families a meaningful way to honour their loved ones.
Aside from the healthy commercial 3D market, the company is eyeing the largely untapped residential market, where misconceptions about the cost of 3D printing have hindered adoption to date.
“Consumer adoption of 3D printing has been slow due to perceived high costs and limited accessibility,” said Doyle.
“123-3D.ie aims to change this for Irish consumers by providing an accessible entry point for home users, with 3D printer and materials packages starting at under €250. This affordability, coupled with the company’s expert guidance, has driven a lot of interest in individuals looking to explore the world of 3D printing.”
“The 123-3D.ie team of in-house experts can offer guidance on a wide range of topics, from choosing the right products to setting up printers and ongoing after-sales support, helping ensure that customers get the right products for their specific needs.”
In addition to stocking materials from well-known brands such as eSUN, Polymaker, REAL, and ColorFabb, 123-3D also offers its own premium quality Jupiter filament range in a variety of materials and colours.