The Skullcandy smokin buds true wireless is another brand that has dropped a super affordable pair of earbuds for just 30 euro this year which is welcome for those who are on a budget and again those who like the brand itself which we do, Again this company is bringing the cost to performance ratio down which has been happening some time now on the earbuds front and there is no need to spend silly money on earbuds anymore these days and take that from the person who reviews the most earbuds in Ireland by a country mile.
First up is the fit and they fit well and have small stems again apply the right tips for the best noise isolation and secure fit this goes along way to getting the best audio experience. They are sleek and discreet enough too and not standoffish looking either.
So at this price point we will be missing features,we have no app access this time but EQs are built in with 4 taps and are preset and are podcast mode,movie mode and music mode, so this is plenty given on top of similar offerings with no app access so this is a win here. There is no auto play or pause and no wireless charging but you have rapid charging. Overall though these are offering a bit more than the competition we have tested. There was no option to skip/reverse tracks in the manual or Voice assistant but you tap and hold the earbud to activate voice assistant and you can ask to skip or reverse track there.
The controls work well although sometimes I could feel them pushing in on my ears but this be my stupid meat hook fingers tapping too hard but they work well regardless of their size.
The sound is decent here with Three EQs to use there is a meaningful difference between the three so you has a choice, they are not base heavy and sound good all round with highs lows and mids and feel more centre mid back. No lag latency noted and no distortion when maxed out either.
Battery life is of course one area hit here like similar products but we have fast charge which makes up for this, call quality is ok with just one mic each side and overall a decent pair of earbuds that are well built and solid for the price so you can’t really go that much wrong here if you are in the market for something that gets the job done out of the box.
- Up to 20 Hours of Battery Life + Rapid Charge – Listen longer with 8 hours of battery life in the earbuds and 12 hours in the charging case + With Rapid Charge, 10 minutes of charge equals 2 hours of playtime
- IPX4 Sweat and Water Resistant – Go on any adventure without missing a beat ● Skullcandy Supreme Sound® – Unique audio-tuning process enables users to maximize the depth and detail of each sound. Premium audio quality features drivers that have been selected and expertly tuned
- Music, Movie & Podcast EQ Modes – Delivers best audio quality for music, movies or podcasts ● Noise Isolating Fit – Ergonomic, ovalized design provides all-day comfort and a noise-isolating fit
- Call and Media Controls via Capacitive Touch – Control volume, calls, EQ modes and activate your devices local Assistant with a tap on either earbud.
- Microphone in Each Earbud – Allows use of either bud solo without losing the ability to take calls
- Auto On/Connect – Enjoy automatic turn on and pairing with the last device used ● True Wireless via Bluetooth® 5.2 – Bluetooth® technology offering efficiency improvements and faster pairing