The ticketing system is software that helps to categorize customer feedback and complaints in the proper order. Your customer support team will be able to manage and deal more effectively with the incidents by using the ticketing system software instead of dealing with email correspondence. Each system will provide you with different features which will help to speed up the process of bug fixing thus improving the overall functioning of your company. We will discuss the difference between the two most famous systems: ServiceNow vs Jira, their main features, and capability sets.
ServiceNow vs Jira: which one to choose?
Let’s start with ServiceNow first. It is a cloud-based SaaS platform, which primarily focuses on the management, structuring, and automatization of incoming data. This ITSM software will assist you in the proper workflow organization of your business, precisely, its applications, such as:
- data tracking – helps to collect and manage incoming data;
- enterprise integration – it can be integrated with existing systems to create a single workspace;
- IoT (Internet of Things) – usage of data from external devices, collection in one place for more efficient business results;
- case management – the software collects the communication between the client or other companies;
- customer engagement portal – provide consumers with the reward system and make them relate more to your business in each service request;
- all in one place – collect all applications and tools for business in one platform.
The difference between ServiceNow from Jira begins with its primary purpose. While ServiceNow was created to optimize the workflow, Jira, in the beginning, was made to deal with bugs and then converted into a full ticketing system software. The applications or project types of the Jira platform include:
- core – organization of all tasks in one place;
- software – is a workspace with ready-to-install tools such as Scrum, Kanban, and so on;
- service management – improvement of service experience by connecting DEV, IT Ops, and business teams, including the tracker of incidents and changes during operations.
By combining those project types and adding new features you will build and customize quite an efficient working space.
Which one to choose? Or should I combine them?
While both these programs can be used separately, you can greatly increase the efficiency of your enterprise by combining their functions. While ServiceNow is one of the best ITSM solutions for IT operations and big enterprises, Jira is one of the most-known business service management and bug-tracking tools for medium and small businesses.
You can integrate JIRA into ServiceNow and organize your business better than ever. While still being able to track down and solve different issues. The choice is yours, of course.
But you also should remember that it is highly recommended to choose a high-quality help desk data migration service. It will make your migration from the current software to the new one much smoother and prevent any important data from suddenly disappearing. Support for one and each stage of migration is also important – so you may want to pay attention to such services.