The Jabra Engage 50 II came in a well-presented box with the main features and operational instructions visible on the box. This is a hard-wired headset with ear cushions and fitted with a USB-A connector which fits directly into a laptop. This model came with a Link Call Control kit which allows the volume, mute, and answers calls. The link can be disconnected and plugged directly into a USB-C phone connection.
Jabra Engage 50 II MS Wired Stereo Headphones with Link Call Control Unit, USB-A Charging Cable and Carry Pouch .
- Noise-isolating fit Yes
- Noise reduction on calls Yes
- Speaker size 20mm
- Speaker max input power 30 mW
- Speaker bandwidth (music mode) 50Hz – 20000Hz
- Speaker bandwidth (speak mode) 100Hz – 14000Hz
- Microphone type 2 x MEMS Microphone sensitivity -26dBFS/Pa
- Microphone bandwidth 100Hz – 14000Hz
- Materials used Leatherette, PC & PC/ABS plastic, PP, silicon rubber, stainless steel, TPE
- Headset Weight (stereo variant) 65g | 2.3oz
- Headset Weight (mono variant) 45g | 1.6oz
- Weight (stereo) w. Link 152g | 5.4oz
- Weight (mono) w. Link 132g | 4.7oz
- USB cable length (sku dependent)
- 1.6m | 2.4m | 5.2ft | 7.8ft
- Warranty 3 years
- LED features and functions Busylight, incoming call, Microsoft Teams notifications (SKU dependent)
- Certifications and compliance Cisco, Unify, Microsoft Teams (SKU specific), Zoom, Google Meet, Amazon Chime
- LED behavior Busylight, incoming/active call, mute/hold call, Microsoft Teams notifications
- Materials used Silicon rubber, TPU, PC & PC/ABS plastic, TPE, PP
- SmartRinger Yes
Setup & use.
The setup requires no installation but rather plug and play which has the option to download free software to personalise the experience, the free software allows greater control and control of the buttons in use.
- Jabra Direct
- Jabra Xpress
- Jabra Engage+
The software allows the personalisation of the experience allowing for a variety of setting amended as required, eg this allows the headset to be used on either side.
The Jabra brand has been known for its audio quality but has a sustainable focus with the box’s 100% Recyclable material. This is followed up by the hearing protection in Jabra SafeTone™ 2.0, PeakStop 105, EU Noise at Work, G616, OSHA. At Techbuzz we regularly get questions about which is better wireless or hard-wired. Most gamer gamers will typically use hard work function but lack the convenience of answering the door, walking to make coffee or moving around the desk. From a technical perspective hard-wired generally work better with less latency, less interference, and distortion and required no battery charging.
The Jabra Engage 50 II has professional call quality with its noise-cancelling 3-mic technology to ensure worthy call quality which is required for both users. The earphones are ultra-lightweight and do not require a battery to charge with the controls built into the Link controller, this experience is enhanced with Noise protection for your ears with Jabra Safetone to allow comfortable use for hours. The earphones are certified for Microsoft Teams allowing for the usually expected functionality, answering and muting calls, adjust the volume.
Overall another professional hard-wired product from Jabra allows a sustainable product, ear protection, 3-year warranty with professional call quality. See video review below for more.