Today, HP Inc. has announced the Irish release of its new multi-function A3 office printer with built in HP Wolf Enterprise Security features. The announcement comes as a reminder to businesses that as Cyber Security Awareness Month draws to a close, businesses are encouraged to ensure their devices operate with the best security features to ensure secure working environments.
Multi-function printers are one of the most common and useful devices in any office environment with most doubling as copiers, scanners, and fax machines which have built-in memory and can store data. Due to their storage capability, many printers contain personal data like contracts, confidential company information, and any other files printed or sent via the printer. Without a strong security defense, some printers can leave businesses exposed to security threats and could have serious consequences for affected businesses.
In a bid to continue to combat security threats and continuously improve technology that detects and adapts to new threats, HP Inc. has launched the most secure printing through industry-leading and self-healing protection for businesses.
The new HP Color LaserJet Managed multi-function printer offers over 200 embedded security features, such as:
- HP Sure Start – Critical operating code (BIOS) is automatically checked during start-up and repairs itself if compromised.
- Run-time intrusion detection – Common Criteria certified to continually monitor memory activity to detect and stop attacks in real time.
- HP Connection Inspector – Outgoing network connections are inspected to stop suspicious requests and thwart malware.
- HP Memory Shield™ – an embedded security feature that helps prevent a wide variety of malware attacks from redirecting the execution flow of a programme.
- Whitelisting – Firmware is automatically checked during start-up to determine if it’s authentic code -digitally signed by HP.
Understanding the importance of managing printers containing confidential information is essential for maintaining privacy and security in any business. Security starts with having the visibility of who and what is connecting to your network, and printers are no exception when it comes to potential vulnerabilities in a business.
Speaking on the importance of security features in printer devices, Managing Director of HP in Ireland, Val Gabriel said:
“As Cyber Security Awareness Month comes to a close in Ireland, we welcome the Minister for Justice Helen McEntee encouraging business owners and employees to ensure company data and information is protected through up-to-date security.
“For multi-function printers specifically, HP offers security protection that detects attacks on the operating system as well as the network, print, scan and fax applications. This new technology maintains an established first line of defense and provides security services for businesses of all size and scale. It works to safeguard businesses with always-on hardware-enforced protection that stays vigilant so work can continue safely – anytime and anywhere.”