Opensignal has published its 5G Global Mobile Network Experience Awards report, which names the world’s leading mobile operators across a range of 5G experience categories. While Opensignal does not name any operator as the ‘best’ overall, this week’s report reveals a strong performance from 3, which wins 12 out of 14 categories either jointly or outright.
- 3 is top for download speeds: Opensignal’s Irish users observed the fastest average download speeds on 3’s network — both for 5G Download Speed and for overall Download Speed Experience. For 5G Download Speed, 3 scored an impressive 237.2 Mbps, 80.6 Mbps (51.5%) faster than second placed eir’s 156.6 Mbps.
- Our 5G users on eir spent the most time connected to 5G: eir’s winning score of 16.6% gave it a lead of 5.6 percentage points over second placed 3’s 11%. The higher an operator’s score, the more time our 5G users on its network spent with an active 5G connection. Vodafone is in third place with 5.7%.
- 3 catches up with eir on upload speeds: 3 and eir are joint winners of the 5G Upload Speed and Upload Speed Experience awards, as the two operators’ scores were statistically tied. This is a change from the previous report, when eir was the outright winner for both awards.
Full report here
- T-Mobile US is the 5G Global Winner for both 5G Availability and 5G Reach: this means that our 5G users on T-Mobile US spent the largest proportion of time with an active 5G connection, and they also found a 5G signal in the highest proportion of locations.
- SK Telecom users clock up the fastest 5G Download Speed in the world: our users observed the fastest average 5G download speeds in the world using SK telecom with an incredibly fast 469.6 Mbps. Both South Korea’s other operators, LG U+ and KT, are 5G Global Leaders for 5G Download Speed, with scores of 429.6 Mbps and 381.9 Mbps, respectively.
- Two out of three 5G Global Winners for 5G Video Experience are Swedish: due to a three-way statistical tie, our users had the best 5G video streaming experience using Tele2, Telia — both from Sweden — and on Slovenia’s Telemach. Therefore, the three operators are 5G Global Winners for 5G Video Experience with statistically tied scores of 82.8-84.1 points on a 100-point scale.
Full report is here