Soundpeats is a familiar brand around the world and with our readers and we have been testing their earbuds some time now and this time we have the latest product they have to offer which is a super affordable pair of earbuds named the Free2 Classic. Once again the company have delivered a great product at a super affordable price and again shows the cost to performance ratio has come down significantly on earbuds which I have said numerous times here.
The new Free2 classic have a familiar design but this time even more expensive looking with the silver trimmings and vent on the side they are on average for a pair of buds but might be slightly too big for some, those with small ears, once fitted they give a great seal with the right tips and passive noise isolation is decent. There is no ANC or App here which might concern some however I feel if you just need a pair of earbuds and not even delved into the world of Apps or ANC you will be fine, in fact in comparison to others out there at this price you will feel like you are getting a bargain even though you are already.
Ok the important part for most as usual.. As mentioned the correct tips go along way to help you get the best audio experience and that goes for any earbuds at any price but when it comes to the audio experience even low end earbuds can sound decent but you can tell the difference between a pair you pick up at a garage or euro store which seem to be a plenty now and they are utter rubbish.
These are not bass driven earbuds to get that bit out of the way, I found them on the bright side and some volume levels I noted there was some tinniness however this depends on the source and what you are listening to, for me I use the same test loop all the time and overall they did good when it came to volume, highs lows and mids and where more centered than frontal. Voice was one thing that was crystal clear here too and sounded like the person is beside you more than being in another room you could say and this might be something that people want for example those listening to audio books and so on, for movies and gaming they did well again though no real bass here which is what I like but that is just my personal opinion. Calls are also fine and with no issues there and sounded decent both ends and you could hear clearly and not muffled.
Again these are touch based controls and worked quite well during my test run the controls offer all that is required including access to voice assistants and more, We go through all this in the video review below anyway and you can see for yourself how to operate the earbuds. But here is the operation guide below.
- Power On: To automatically power on, open the lid of the charging case and take out both earbuds.
- To manually power them on, press and hold either side for 1.5 seconds.
- Power Off: Simply place the buds back into the charging case when done (and close the lid). To manually turn them off, press and hold either side for 10 seconds.
- Play/Pause: Double tap either earbud.
- Volume Up: Single-tap the left earbud.
- Volume Down: Single tap the right earbud.
- Previous Track: Press and hold the left earbud for 1.5 seconds.
- Next Track: Press and hold the right earbud for 1.5 seconds.
- Answer/Hang Up Phone Call: Double tap either earbud.
- Reject Phone Call: Press and hold either earbud for 1.5 seconds when a call is incoming.
- Switch Between Two Calls: Press and hold either earbud for 2 seconds.
- Manually Enter Pairing Mode: Press and hold either earbud for 6 seconds.
- Activate Voice Assist: Triple tap the right earbud.
Most manufacturers overstate their battery life but in this case they are true to form only one thing is if you use them full volume it will impede on your total battery life and with no ANC present it only helps them last longer and you can expect to get the claimed 8 hours, for me it was around 7 hours which is not bad for this price point it has to be said.
Overall you cant really complain here with the performance for the price you are getting better than other out there at this price and even if you want just to have a spare pair or gift them to someone you will be happy enough with the end result for what you pay which is not a lot.
- 【Innovative Design & Comfortable Fit】 Laser-engraved leather texture combined with metal elements achieves a balance between exquisite and comfort. The ergonomic design with each earbud weighing only 0.14oz provides a perfect wearing experience with all-day comfort.
- 【Long Battery Life & USB-C Charge】 8 hours playtime per charge and another 2.8 recharges by the charging case. The Free2 classic wireless earbuds extend your enjoyment to 30 hours in total. It only takes 1-2 hours to charge the earbuds and the charging case by the convenient USB-C charge.
- 【IPX5 Waterproof & Various Applications】 Certificated with IPX5 waterproof, SoundPEATS Free2 classic Bluetooth earbuds are resistant to water splash, sweat, and raindrops. You can enjoy the exercise time without worrying about being interrupted by moisture.
- 【Superior Sound & Reliable Transmission】 6mm dynamic driver presents strong bass, mellow mids, and clear vocals to let you enjoy the immersive beating notes. The Bluetooth 5.1 ensures a stable connection and helps enhance the sound to be more pleasant for your weekly workout and leisure time.
- 【Smooth Calls & Easy Touch Control】 The mics are equipped with dust-proof metal mesh to reduce wind noises interruption and make the calls clear and smooth. The effortless on-ear touch control allows your access to control volume, switch songs, pause/answer calls, and activate voice assistant.