HiFiMan is a brand that delivers high quality audio headphones and more and we can stand by that having tested some of their products, recently we checked out their Deva Pro headphones, having said that matching earbuds to headphones is not really fair and it is not yet possible to deliver the same experience just yet but we are heading that direction and the TWS 800 are not cheap either so how do they stand up to the competition? Missed the unboxing experience see HERE
Build and design
These are probably one of the best built pair of earbuds so far this year and even in recent times I have tested these will last they look cool and are robust and this is where several asked how can I change tracks and so on with the build on the earbuds, turns outs they are a bit on the sensitive side even for the materials used here. they are solid and will last, enough said.
The controls as mentioned area bit on the sensitive side here but you do get the hang of them and consider the material it is a wonder how they work at all you have your usual tap 1,2 or 3 times to execute a command which we show you in the video review below, on putting them in the ears you might also be prone to doing something, mostly pausing the tracks but still they work well albeit sensitive you have got your pause/play skip/reverse tracks and volume control, you also have access to your voice assistant too which gives you all the basics.
There is no app here which lets them down and at this price point they should really have one as the sound is flat overall now this might suit some but for me at this price it does not, they are loud enough and punchy with some bass thrown in, highs lows and mids are present with some direction I found them very centred and they are actually good listening to audio books and the likes, ie voices, it is crisp and clear and true to life like if you will,but the sound could have been better with an amp built in and I am sure an app will fix that but that is just my ears and everyone else is different.
Overall though I still come back to these, like I said everyone’s ears are different but you tend to find quirks with certain music, I did try the usual test loop I do which is all genres and so on and they just have something about them be it their looks and that charging case which is really cool they still have a decent sound in general but certainly not for the audiophile this time around.
- ★ With Built-in Amp and Audiophile-grade Drivers for true Hi-Fi output; Hi-tech Magnet providing outstanding performance and sound quality; 150Ohms High Impedance Alloy Voice Coil for unmatched clarity and full range sonic clarity
- ★ Great-sounding Bluetooth with HIFIMAN Topology Diaphragm The “Topology Diaphragm” refers to a diaphragm with a special Nano particle coating applied to its surface. The distribution of the coating has distinct geometric patterns. By varying the surface pattern and the compound used, the thickness or geometric pattern sound wave formation can be manipulated to achieve the desired audio effect and control. Detailed and natural high-frequency reproduction
- ★ Metal casing brings better frequency response and lower THD. Long Communication Distance – keeps the Antenna design of TWS800. IPX4 Water and Dust resistant; 23dB passive noise-cancelling technology; Touch Control
- ★ 4.5 Hours on a single charge. 31.5 Hours with charging case. The charging case supplies up to six complete charges.
- ★ Ergonomic design, 6.9g – light and comfortable; Best fit for maximum comfort over hours of listening. HIFIMAN’s experience in custom-fit earphones is evident in the TWS800. Charging case easily holds the largest ear tips by increasing the inner space. Eight pairs of ear tips in the package.