Today HP Inc. announced the launch of HP Amplify™ Impact in Ireland. HP Amplify Impact is a first of its kind partner assessment, resource, and training programme which provides over 10,000 partners across the globe with the opportunity to join HP in its efforts to generate meaningful impact on Climate Action, Human Rights and Digital Equity. The programme will also be rolled out in Poland, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Greece and Norway.
Launched one year ago in support of HP’s goal to become the most sustainable and just technology company by 2030, the HP Amplify Impact Program has trained, educated and empowered over 1,400 global partners to drive change while maximising opportunities with sustainability as a key competitive differentiator. As part of its Climate Action targets, HP set an ambitious goal of enrolling at least 50 percent of its HP Amplify partners in the voluntary programme by 2025. To date, 20% of HP’s partners have signed the HP Amplify Impact pledge, exceeding the target of 10% for the first year of the programme, with HP’s commitment to Sustainable Impact helping the company to win more than $3.5 billion in new sales in fiscal year 21 representing a >3x annual increase.
“Our goal is to work with our partners to help drive a more circular and low-carbon economy, cultivate a more diverse, inclusive and equitable supply chain and improve the resilience of local communities,” said Neil Dover, Country Manager, Ireland at HP. “Through our Amplify Impact Program, we have a unique opportunity to share resources and best practices with our partners to drive meaningful change in the IT industry. Leveraging the strength and reach of our global ecosystem, our aim is to empower our partners in Ireland to make a greater difference by working together.”
Creating an Ecosystem of Accountability
The HP Amplify Impact programme helps to empower partners to set bold, long-term objectives to drive positive impact. Participating partners will be recognised via certification and an annual awards programme. The mission of the initiative is to drive accountability throughout the IT industry across the following key pillars:
· Planet: Drive toward a net-zero carbon, fully regenerative circular economy while creating the industry’s most sustainable portfolio of technology, services and solutions.
· People: Respecting human rights, enabling people across the value chain to thrive and cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive (DE&I) culture through initiatives such as the HP Racial Equality and Social Justice Task Force.
· Community: Empower communities through the power of technology. Help eliminate the digital divide that prevents too many from accessing the education, jobs and healthcare needed to thrive.
A Resilient Path for HP Amplify Partners
All HP Amplify partners can access HP’s world-class Sustainable Impact resources no matter where they are on their journey to a more sustainable world. HP will provide all HP Amplify partners with access to training, sales tools, marketing assets, and access to HP’s Sustainability & Compliance Centre (SCC), HP LIFE and HP Planet Partners. In addition, HP will work closely with partners in select countries on the initial roll out of two distinct tracks:
· Catalyst: Catalyst members will take the HP Amplify Impact Pledge, participate in a sustainability assessment, and report sales opportunities.
· Changemaker: The Changemaker track is optimised to assist partners that do not yet have a sustainability plan in place and commit to investing in the sustainability journey. HP will closely collaborate with and support Changemaker members in the development of a long-term sustainability plan which will put them on a path to be recognised as a business that is focused on creating meaningful change.
The arrival of Amplify Impact in Ireland has been welcomed by HP partners who are committed to advancing sustainability:
“The onus of responsibility remains with companies to ensure that all possible steps are taken to reduce their carbon footprint. Sustainability in our supply chain is a priority for Datapac and the HP Amplify Impact program marks an important development in our relationship and one we are proud to support.” Patrick Kickham, Director, Datapac.
“As an environmentally conscious company, we strive to work with well established, reputable suppliers with a similar sustainability ethos. HP’s Amplify Impact program raises the bar on sustainability in business and we are proud to take the pledge and commit to the HP Amplify Impact journey for our customers and for our people.” Paul Sweetman, Chief Executive Officer, Stacked.
“The Amplify Impact program from HP and its emphasis on sustainability and social responsibility has been invaluable in educating us further on our responsibilities to the customers and communities that we serve. We commend the initiative by HP to make the world a more sustainable place for us all to live and we look forward to playing our part with them in the journey ahead.” Robert White, Managing Director, Eurieka.ie.
“Ergo is committed to embedding sustainability in every part of our business, and as a proud participant of HP’s Amplify Impact programme – and recipient of the HP Partner Sustainable Impact 5-star Award in 2021 – we have been able to strengthen that commitment and work even harder to have a positive societal impact on our customers.” Paul McCann, CEO, Ergo.