Sage Appliances, a global leader in innovative home and kitchen appliances, has announced the UK launch of the groundbreaking FoodCycler (LWR550), a new product which can reduce household food waste by over 80 percent.
The FoodCycler transforms household food waste into nutrient rich EcoChips using an intuitive three stage cycle. The system pulverizes and dehydrates nearly all types of food waste, reducing it to small particles, while simultaneously aerating and heating, which helps decompose and sterilise the waste. The FoodCycler is odourless, quiet, uses minimal energy and is easy to clean, effortlessly fitting into your home and lifestyle while allowing you to do your bit for the environment, hassle free.
With the new FoodCycler, Sage Appliances has truly completed the circular ecosystem of kitchen tech; from delicious espresso, to food prep, cooking, and now food waste disposal. The Sage FoodCycler has a light and sleek appliance that can be used and stored anywhere in the home, not just the kitchen.
David Gubbin, President EMEA Sage Appliances says, “In the UK, we roughly throw away 6.6 million* tons of food waste which is the equivalent of around 66 three-bedroom houses. At Sage, we pride ourselves on brilliant product design that enables home cooks to create perfect food moments, so it’s a natural extension that we close the loop with an accessible and sustainable solution to food waste.”
The FoodCycler can safely transform most fruit and vegetable scraps, meat, fish, shellfish, poultry, chicken and fish bones, cereals, dairy, eggs and shells, coffee grounds, filters and tea bags, beans, seeds and legumes, as well as pet food.
The FoodCycler – Key Features:
- Three stage FoodCycler system:
- Drying: Dehydrates and sterilises household food scraps
- Grinding: Reduces the volume of food scraps to around 20% of original
- Cooling: Cools down EcoChips™ for safe disposal
- EcoFilters with Filter Air Guides are designed with activated carbon filtration to direct air flow and filter odours during cycling
- Carbon Filter Bucket Lid: Store food waste at room temperature, with an activated carbon foam lid-liner to reduce odours until you’re ready to start your next cycle c. Twist and Lock Lid: Seamless design, slides and locks smoothly into place, locking in noise and odours
- Quiet & Compact: custom specified for the modern home and lifestyle. Designed to fit easily in any accessible spot in your kitchen, laundry or garage.
- Low energy usage: sophisticated sensor technology defines each individual cycle to use minimal energy with maximum efficiency. Eight hours of food-cycling is equivalent to boiling a kettle nine times.
- Easy to use with one-touch operation: automatically dries, grinds and cools scraps into EcoChips for easy disposal in your council bin or garden.
- Easy to clean: Dishwasher-safe, porcelain coated aluminium bucket
- Large 2L capacity: Grinding bucket processes and reduces food scraps into EcoChips
- The FoodCycler (RRP£399.95) will be available via Sage’s website