eufy Security, an emerging brand in home security, has unveiled the Smart Drop, a smart outdoor mailbox for the home with a built-in camera and advanced facial recognition technology. The Smart Drop brings an effortless, contactless and secure delivery experience to any home. With An Post having a similar non smart idea box we can attach to a wall this is much bigger more versatile and offers the consumer more choice and even more room for those bigger packages.
According to a 2019 Package Theft Statistics Report, package theft is a growing problem across America, with 36% of respondents reporting having a package stolen at least once. In order to prevent package theft, multiple home security options such as security cameras and video doorbells have been made available by eufy. But leaving packages sitting on the front porch unattended is still risky.
The Smart Drop is made with cold-rolled carbon steel, features a built-in camera with face and motion detection. And with multiple ways to open, such as pin-code and remote opening via the eufy app, it’s easy for both home residents and delivery workers to use.
The eufy Security Smart Drop is a perfect combination of a durable mailbox, a smart lock and a security camera. The key specifications include:
Smart ● Built-in Camera – 1080p; 160° View; Night Vision
- Advanced AI – Face & Motion Detections; Delivery Notification & Recording
- Multiple Ways to Open – One-Button/Pin-Code/App/Key
- Voice Assistants – Work With Alexa & Google Assistant Safe ● Durable – Made with cold-rolled carbon steel
- Weatherproof – IP65 Rated Camera & Inner Drainage System
- Multiple Storage Options – Local (with HomeBase) & Cloud
- Secure Placement – Can be fixed on the floor or to the wall Easy to Use
- Courier Guidance – Voice & Light Prompts / Instructions Sticker
- Large Capacity – 68L (25.6“ H × 17.7” L × 15.0” W)
- 100% Wire-Free – Removable Battery Pack with 3-month Battery Life
The Smart Drop is available for pre-order on Kickstarter starting at $199. It will be delivered to customers in July 2021.