Google is now rolling out is much-anticipated Night Sight feature for its Pixel phones, a ground-breaking AI-driven feature announced first at the Made By Google event on October 9th.
Night Sight allows regulars users to capture vibrant and detailed low-light photos without a flash or tripod, or without any specialist knowledge – just switch on the feature, point, and shoot.
The Pixel phones have been available in Ireland via Vodafone and the Google Store since November 1st, with prices ranging from €899 (64GB) and €959 (128GB) for the Pixel 3, and €999 (64 GB) and €1099 (128GB) for the Pixel 3 XL.
The blog post outlining in more detail the exciting new Night Sight feature, which can also be read online.
Night Sight adapts to you and the environment so you can capture the moment effortlessly. Here are some additional tips to get the most out of your phone’s camera in low light:
- If you’re taking a photo of someone, ask them to hold still for a few seconds before and after you press the shutter button.
- Hold the phone steady. If you can, try propping it against a stable surface.
- Make sure the camera lens is clean. It can accumulate oil from fingerprints, creating blurry and soft photos.
- Try tapping on or around your subject to help your camera focus when taking photos in very dark conditions.
- Avoid pointing your camera at bright light sources, which may cause unwanted reflections in your photo.
- Cameras don’t work in complete darkness, so you’ll still need some light to capture a photo.