For the selfie lovers out there which is plenty now Art Selfie is available globally on Android and iOS, More than 78 million Art Selfies were taken in the Google Arts & Culture app since its inception and there is no sign of it slowing down..
Art Selfie is powered by computer vision technology based on machine learning. When you take a selfie, your photo is compared with faces in artworks our museum partners have provided. After a short moment, you will see your results along with a percentage to estimate the visual similarity of each match and your face.
Your selfie becomes a doorway into art—tap on your lookalike to discover more information about it or an artist that perhaps you’ve never heard of before.
- Art Selfie has been incredibly popular – over 78 Million matches have been made to date.
- We have collaborated closely with over 650 partner institutions from around the word to make the experiment available globally
- Together we more than doubled the number of possible matches, to tens of thousands of artworks
- Art Selfie is a feature within the Google Arts & Culture app on Android and iOS (App version 6.4 +) and available worldwide from 10.00am Tuesday 4th September
- App download link for all countries, on both iOS and Android, is: g.co/ArtSelfie
What is Google Arts & Culture?
- Google Arts & Culture puts over a 1,500 museums at your fingertips. It’s an immersive way to explore art, history and wonders of the world from Van Gogh’s bedroom paintings to Mandela’s prison cell. The Google Arts & Culture app is free and available on the web, on iOS and Android. Our team has been an innovation partner for cultural institutions since 2011. We work on technologies that help preserve and share culture and allow curators to create engaging exhibitions online and offline, inside museums. You can read about our latest projects on the official Google Keyword blog.