The initial view of the packing was a standard box with the key functionality on the back of the box, Waterproof GPS location pet tracker. The tracker looks physically strong with a protective rubber casing which can be removed. The rubber casing allows the tracker to be fitted to a standard dog collar.
WatchOvers PetTrackie GPS Location Tracking Device.
- Live GPS Location -Real-time tracking – See the device location on your smartphone in real time. Location updated every 60 seconds.
- Geo-Zones – create virtual outdoor boundaries and receive boundary breach alerts. Multiple Geo-zones with square, rectangular or circular fence settings. Location updated every 60 seconds for enhanced Geo-Zone accuracy.
- 100% Waterproof to -1 meter with an IP67 waterproof rating.
- Device & Smartphone location displayed – See where you are in proximity to your pet, making it easy to find the quickest route to them.
- Location History– Playback the location history of the device today, last week or last month.
- Very Secure with 128 Bit Encryption for transmission and storage of all data. Our App and device registration is secure to protect your data and prevent access to your device except by people approved by you.
- Alert Messaging – receive SOS, Low Battery and Geo-Zone alerts directly to the App on your smartphone.
- Multi User – Add up to 16 users, for all your family, friends and pet sitters.
- Pre-fitted Sim Card – Open the box and get started straight away. WatchOvers Sim cards use the strongest network available, getting signal even in weak signal areas’, vital in an emergency.
- Low-power consumption – up to 4 days general use or up to 6 days in manual location mode, depending on mobile coverage and local signal strength.
- Unique innovative holder design, easy to fit to most collars and to remove for charging.
- Device size 53*38*17.5mm
- Suitable for pets above 4.5 kg – Weight: Device 33 grams, Holder 15 grams.
- GSM Quad band 850/900/1800/1900 2G Device
- Supports GPS/AGPS/LBS/WiFi for quick and accurate outdoor location positioning and improved indoor location.
- Magnetic inductive charging.
The Tracker comes with a magnetic propriety charger which works well but annoying to have another cable, a standard USB C charger would have been preferred. They have designed the casing that it does not have to be removed for charging. When you open the 2 buttons, the contacts are above the buttons and clear to connect the cable. There are low battery alerts via the app to ensue you are reminded to recharge the tracker. The battery lasts 4 to 6 days between charges in manual location mode, 2 to 3 days in automatic mode. The PetTrackie takes 2 hours to recharge the battery.
Setup & Support:
The tracker used QR codes for the app & pairing to your phone. This makes the setup easy. The setup involved a 6 Step Set Up Guide for the WatchOvers PetTrackie
Step 1 – Activate SIM Card
Step 2 – Charge the Device & Power On
Step 3 – Download the WatchOvers PetTrackie App
Step 4 – Register your Administrator App Account
Step 5 – Pairing your device with the App
Step 6 – Setup & Manage your PetTrackie
The support is available in Ireland via a Dublin number on +353 1 5456000 which is great to see a local English speaking support. email via firstname.lastname@example.org or live chat support available from 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday. The setup required no support with the setup using QR codes making the requirement for support minimal.
WatchOvers PetTrackie App:
The app – WatchOvers PetTrackie App was used via the QR code on the Android store, Again no issues other than the usual requesting access to contacts, files etc. The WatchOvers PetTrackie App allows real time location tracking on Google map equivalent, updated every 60 seconds. The app allows location history and safe zones with alert messages.
Many of the previous trackers, if lost rely on “sends anonymous signal to the community, if someone passes the lost item, their phone will record your lost product new location”. The WatchOvers PetTrackie has an internal sim card, like a card on roaming (without the data issues) that looks to the best network and used this signal. This allows the tracking of the PetTrackie with a high degree of accuracy in over 150 countries worldwide. The outdoor accuracy is between 3 meters to 30 meters, indoor accuracy is reduced from 10 meters to 100 meters depending on the nearest mobile mast. This subscriptions service which is great to use and work well comes at a cost, The Subscription is € 4.99 p.m. on a 1-month contract. This subscription provides a live accurate means to locate a lost / missing pet.
The cost of the monthly subscription may put some off this pet tracker. Those that have lost a pet, as seen on lost posters / Facebook throughout the country would agree, a loved pet is worth its weight in gold and would pay a premium to have a lost pet returned. The Technology works well, the unit is physically strong, waterproof not too heavy for a dog, (suitable only for a large cat, at least 4.5kg in weight.). This was tried on a medium size Yorkshire terrier and an albino Boxer. Both dogs had no reaction to the tracker when attached to their collar. The location which is updated every 60 seconds is beneficial to follow a moving pet to ensure directed to the exact location, with a bonus feature within the app allowing navigation directly to the coordinates via Google maps on your phone. In the event of a lost pet, local support could be a real bonus on this tracker. This is technology at its best works for the benefit for another family member (your pet).