Following its global partnership announcement with Taylor Swift last week, FUJIFILM is delighted to announce a brand new sophisticated square format instant camera – the INSTAX SQ6.
The instax SQUARE SQ6 will hit the shelves on the 25th May 2018 with a RRP of €140 and comes in three unique and striking colourways; pearl white to suit any style, blush gold for an elegant touch and graphite grey for a cool and calm feel. It is the first SQUARE format analogue instant camera from instax, and the perfect accessory for capturing those real, un-edited and truly one-off moments.
The SQ6 has a variety of functions for everyday use. The camera has an automatic exposure adjustment function that is activated when the shutter button is pressed. It detects the ambient brightness and adjusts to provide the optimum shutter speed and flash light intensity. Even in a dark room, subjects and the background can be shot vividly and clearly. When taking a selfie, simply set the camera to Selfie-Mode and the settings will be adjusted to the optimum focus and brightness. There is also a selfie mirror attached to the side of the lens allowing you to check the shooting range.
There’s a tripod socket in the bottom of the main unit, so group photos using the timer function can be easily taken. To enhance creative photography, the camera has three further modes. The “Double Exposure Mode” allows two photos to be overlapped on a single film when the shutter button is pressed twice, the “Macro Mode” can take short-range photos up to a minimum of 30cm, and the “Landscape Mode” can be used to take long-range landscape photos.
The instax SQUARE SQ6 also comes with three colour filters, which attach to the flash. The filters allow photographers to add purple, green and orange overtones to their individual shots, instantly changing the atmosphere and mood of an image.
The instax SQUARE SQ6 combines the following key features;
- Auto Exposure Control – This function enables the photographer to capture photos in dark or night scenes. The high-performance flash automatically calculates surrounding brightness and adjusts shutter speed to brighten both the subject and background.
- Selfie Mode / Selfie Mirror – Making sure you always capture your best side, the SQ6 includes a popular Selfie Mirror from the mini 9 to assist when taking a self-portrait. The camera also automatically adjusts brightness and focal length to set the camera up for the ideal selfie.
- Double Exposure Mode – Taking this popular function from the Mini 90, the SQ6 allows users to get creative with their everyday and superimpose two different images in one frame.
- Lighten/Darken Modes – Creatively adjust the exposure of the shot with these modes to either create a low-key, normal or high-key effect; giving photographers three lighting options.
- Landscape / Macro modes – To be able to make the most of the cameras combined functions the SQ6 has a landscape and macro modes to adjust depending on your photo opportunity to ensure the camera is optimised for every shot; close range or in the distance.
Jackie Farrell, Manager Marketing, (Imaging) Fujifilm Ireland, “The launch of the instax SQUARE SQ6 has been much anticipated and we’re excited to bring this analogue SQUARE format instant camera to market. The camera brings some of the best and most popular features from the instax family into one camera to create a product that is perfect for capturing everyday moments.”
Daisy Lowe, Model and DJ “I love analogue instant cameras and was extremely excited to be given the opportunity to get hands-on with the instax SQ6. The cameras functions, from double exposure, flash colour filters and self-timer have allowed me to capture life on the go and get creative while doing so.”
|Film||Fujifilm instax SQUARE Film (available separately)|
|Lens||Retractable lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f = 65.75 mm, 1:12.6|
|Viewfinder||Inverted Galilean finder, 0.4 x, with target spot|
|Focusing||Motor-driven 3-range switching (0.3 m – 0.5 m/1 ft. – 1.6 ft., 0.5 m – 2 m/1.6 ft – 6.6 ft.,
2 m/6.6 ft. and beyond), Macro Mode (0.3 m – 0.5 m/1 ft. – 1.6 ft.) Normal Mode (0.5
m – 2 m/1.6 ft – 6.6 ft.) Landscape Mode (2 m/6.6 ft and beyond)
|Shutter Release||Programmed electronic shutter release, 1.6 sec – 1/400 sec.|
|Exposure Control||Automatic, Interlocking range (ISO 800) : LV 5 – LV 15.5,
Exposure compensation: ±2/3 EV
|Film Feeding Out||Automatic|
|Film Developing Time||Approximately 90 seconds (Varies depending on the ambient temperature)|
|Flash||In Macro mode: Built-in, automatic electronic flash
In a mode other than Macro mode: Always flashing
Charging time: 0.2 sec – 7 sec (using a new battery), Flash charging indicator, Effective flash lamp range: 0.3 m – 2.7 m/1 ft. – 8.9 ft.
|Self-Timer||Electronically controlled, approx. 10 second delay, Can be stopped mid-run|
|LED Display||Shooting mode (Auto, Selfie, Macro, Landscape, Double exposure), Brightness adjustment, Flash off Mode, Self-timer Mode|
|Power Supply||Two CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries
Capacity: Approximately 30 instax SQUARE 10-pack film packs with new CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries
|Others||Film pack confirmation window, tripod socket (tripod sold separately)|
|Dimensions & Weight||118.7 mm x 128.1 mm x 58.1 mm/4.7 in. × 5.0 in. × 2.3 in. (not including protrusions)/393 g/13.9 oz. (without battery, strap, and film pack)|
|Accessories||Two CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries, Shoulder strap, Three flash filters|
|* Specifications are subject to change for improvement|
instax SQUARE BLACK border film
|Screen size||62mm×62mm (L×W)|
|Film size||86mm×72mm (L×W)|