Furniture giant Ikea have launced an app which will allows you to place furniture in your home via your smartphone or tablet. This is pretty cool and most likely will be adopted by other manufacturers or other retail outlets in the coming months ahead, This takes the stress out of pondering over items for your house and you can check out what they look like before you take a trip to a store. There is a problem though, It is only for iOS 11 and us Irish will get to try the app..
2000 products will be available at launch which is a decent portfolio of goods they have to offer.
“IKEA Place makes it easier to make buying decisions in your own place, to get inspired and try many different products, styles and colors in real-life settings with a swipe of your finger. Augmented reality and virtual reality will be a total game changer for retail in the same way as the internet. Only this time, much faster,” says Michael Valdsgaard, Leader Digital Transformation at Inter IKEA Systems.
How to use IKEA Place:
- Make sure you have upgraded your device to iOS 11.
- Download the IKEA Place app for free from the Apple App Store.
- Scan the floor in your place.
- Browse the list of products available in the app.
- Select a product that you want to place.
- Move and place the product into the space, it is as simple as that!
DOWNLOAD IKEA PLACE