Remember the Liberty Watch? Well this is the new version here from the Irish company Watchovers, Last year we checked out the Liberty Watch which turned out to be robust and effective and this time around we have Watchovers Assure Slim SOS GPS Location Mobile watch phone in for testing…
The Assure from WatchOvers is an SOS GPS Location Mobile Watch-Phone. It is a slim device that can be worn by the elderly and the young, giving them freedom, and you and your family peace of mind. The Assure is a stand-alone watch-phone bypassing the need for the wearer to also carry a mobile phone or any other device, and is managed through an App on your smartphone.
Differences between Liberty and Assure
- Location data is sent every 1 minute instead of every 20 minutes which along with its location algorithm, improves the location and the Geo-fencing.
- The watch has a sim card slot on the side. It would be supplied with a sim card fitted but the customers have the option to use their own sim.
- It is slim at only 13mm so fits better under a shirt sleeve and looks more like an ordinary digital watch.
- The strap is longer, which is better to also suit elderly wearers.
- Multi repeat alarms in the app will allow for setting several watch alarms per day for reminders for elderly to take medicine and other similar uses.
- There are also additional features such as silent mode for during school hours, remotely power on and off, voice messaging, shake 2 watches together for kids to share voice message contacts, allowing kids to send voice messages to each other.
It is a much more attractive and competitive price point at €79.99, in addition to the device having additional improvements on our previous watch.
- Two Way Voice Communication with no roaming charges in 31 countries – Call the watch or the watch can call you (Pre-paid monthly, No Contract, Opt Out Anytime, Or use your own sim option*).
- SOS Emergency Alarm – One button press to call your contacts list and simultaneously send SOS alert messages automatically through the App to your contacts who have added the watch to the app.
- GPS Location -Real-time tracking – See the watch location on your smartphone in real time. Location updated every 60 seconds.
- Geo-Zones – create virtual outdoor boundaries and receive boundary breach alerts. Location updated every 60 seconds for enhanced Geo-Zone accuracy.
- Route Recording & Playback – Playback the location history of the watch today, last week or last month.
- Listen Safety Monitoring – Listen in silent mode in the event of an accident.
- Motion Monitor – The Motion Monitor lets you check that the wearer is active or moving, helpful when caring for an elderly person or someone living alone.
- Caller Approval – You control who can call the watch and who the watch can call.
- Add up to 16 Pre-set numbers that can call or be called by the watch directly.
- Record Messages – send recorded messages to and from the watch.
- Shake‐Shake to make friends – Shake 2 watches at the same time to share contact details for voice messaging each other with up to 10 contacts.
- Alert Messaging – receive SOS, Low Battery and Geo-Zone alerts directly to the App.
- Multi User – Add up to 16 users, for all the family and or several carers.
- Watch Function – Time, Day & Date.
- Built in Sim Card – Open the box and get started straight away. WatchOvers Sim card uses the strongest network available, every important in an emergency. Option to use your own sim card.
- Multi Alarms – set alarms or reminders which will ring on the watch at the set times, very useful for appointments, medical & other reminders.
- Low-power consumption, up to 2 hours call use and up to 48 hours general use or up to 72 hours in manual location mode.
- Supports GPS/LBS/WiFi/Cell ID for quick and accurate outdoor location positioning and improved indoor location.
- Back Up support in English from the WatchOvers Team.