Dublin-based innovation studio, Connector is proud to introduce their newest team member and very own marketing innovation expert, Ava. The Facebook Messenger chat bot has launched and is the very first innovation of its kind to be developed and rolled out from Ireland.
How people are connecting with businesses through technology is constantly evolving. SMS, messaging, chat, and email, are once again prevalent consumer experiences. With 1.9 million Facebook Messenger users and 1.7 million WhatsApp users in Ireland, these two platforms have a higher percentage of users than any other messenger network in the country.
“Have you met Connector’s newest team member and very own marketing innovation expert, Ava?”
Launching their latest innovation, CEO of Connector, Conor Lynch said: “I am delighted to introduce our fellow innovators and marketers to Ava – a fast and personal way to connect people to the resources and expertise that they need, whenever and wherever they need it.
“People love to communicate with one another using Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Despite the development of more sophisticated tools, we seem to be satisfied with the logic, scale and immediacy of instant messaging.” said Conor Lynch. “We have passed through an era of apps and playful user interfaces, and have come right back around to the simpler and more direct user experience of chat.
“By employing a chat-first strategy, any organisation can drive sales, provide efficient customer service, enhance their brand experience and encourage loyalty from their customers.” continued Conor Lynch “With a mix of AI and human service, a smart organisation can enrich interactions with their audiences, so that they feel both familiar and welcome, while also delivering a great deal of value.”
- Ireland has 1.9 million Facebook Messenger users and 1.7 million WhatsApp users;
- 52 per cent of people prefer texting customer support over any other method of communication;
- 100 per cent of smartphone users aged 18-29 use a text messaging function on their phones at least once a week;
- The rate of opened and read SMS text messages is high at 98 per cent;
- On average, it only takes 90 seconds for people to reply to a text message compared to 90 minutes for an email;
- 97 per cent of smartphone owners report using their mobile device for text messaging.
To meet Ava, simply message her on the Connector Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/connector/