Hound which is a new Virtual Assistant has just launched on Android after sometime in beta and there is not much changed here either,Hound is a creation of Soundhound which most people will be familiar with,Virtual Assistants are a handy tool and a lazy one at that should you wish to find something by voice rather than type in the info on your device into a search engine.For me I hardly use them and think they are a gimmick that eventually wears off and quickly at that but for some these assistants are useful.Hound is aiming to take on Siri and Cortana and Google now which are the alternative competition from Google,Apple and Microsoft..Hound suggests you can speak more freely with the app rather than using keywords..Our first look at the app proves different but its fast in most cases.Hound though offers a follow up to refine your results.
Given the app is not available in Ireland we have asked the app some simple questions which the app is actually fast to respond too to be fair,The app is now on iTunes and the Play store but you will need to download the APK – Download the APK at your own risk though which you will find via a Google search APK mirror.
Some features of the app are as follows.
• Weather + Temperature
– “What’s the weather going to be like tomorrow at 6pm?
– “How about in Hawaii during August?”
• Local Search + Yelp Restaurants
– Ask for restaurants, coffee shops, stores, and be as specific as you’d like
– You can even exclude places or that you don’t want, such as food types
– “Show Restaurants within 10 miles except for Chinese”
• Navigation (GPS) + Directions
– Ask for a destination and to navigate there seamlessly
– Get the best directions taking traffic into consideration
– “Show me directions to the nearest Starbucks”