It’s been a very interesting past week for geek freaks, we have seen great stuffs coming up from all over the world and what we bring to you is again a very unique and interesting piece of tech. Cat phones, popular for its rugged phones, announced it’s flagship Cat S60, which becomes the world’s first smartphone with an integrated thermal camera. Doesn’t that sound so cool carrying a thermal camera in your pockets?
Cat S60 is claimed to be the world’s most waterproof smartphone since it is waterproof to depths of up to 5 meters for one hour, allowing it to be used as an underwater camera. It also exceeds military spec since it is built to withstand drops onto concrete from up to 1.8 meters, and it’s dustproof.
Besides is ruggedness, the company explained the use of thermal camera on board, “The thermal camera visualizes heat that is invisible to the naked eye, highlighting temperature contrasts. It can pick up heat and measure surface temperatures from a distance of up to 50 to 100 feet, and see through obscurants such as smoke, enabling a huge range of use cases for building professionals, utility workers, outdoor sports enthusiasts, emergency first responders and more,”
This display can be viewed in bright sunlight, and the touchscreen can be controlled with wet fingers or while wearing gloves. It is also protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4 and runs Android 6.0.
The Cat S60 will be available later this year for €649 / $599.
Cat S60 specifications:
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD multi-touch 540 nits display with auto wet finger and glove support, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Underwater 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dedicated FLIR thermal camera app with MSX technology
- Drop proof to 1.8m, MIL Spec 810G4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- 3800mAh battery
Stay tuned for more tech buzz.