Nokia News Ireland owner Jim O Brien has been talking to Nokia Journeys.com owner Adrian Hughes ,who also is a VIP member on the Nokia Support Discussions website ,where we actually got to virtually chat many years ago and his support is excellent and now he brings his new blog to life which looks great and a great addition to the nokia community,fans will enjoy his work there too in which already has been fantastic.
Here we have the interview and Adrian talks some more.- Enjoy.
Q1- Tell me a bit more about you Adrian.
1. Hi Jim, thanks for having me today! My name is Adrian Hughes and i work in a hospital here in Perth, Australia doing cancer registry coding. Between work and spending time with my young family, i get into playing electric guitar, and my work with Nokia phones. Mainly helping others from around the world on Nokia Discussions, and blogging on NokiaJourneys.com
Q2- When did you start using a nokia?
2. My first experience with Nokia was in 1999, seeing and playing Snake on the Nokia 7110. I was 13 at the time and in awe at the phone and the Navi roller key it had. I went through a few Motorolas before i owned my first Nokia, the 3200 in 2004. I have it in my collection and it still has an awesome flashlight and cut-out covers :).
3. Initially i joined Nokia Support Discussions because i had a problem at the time with my 5610, and gladly this issue was resolved with a firmware update a month later. I was curious along with other users as to what other changes were coming in the future firmware updates so from there i stuck around. When i bought a N78, i made a comprehensive bug list thread that was updated as Nokia pushed out updates to that phone over the next year. I saw the help and discussions i could give and that it got going across users on NSD, and the rest is history!
Q4- I hear you collect phones,what have you got?
4. My entire list is on my Nokia Discussions profile, i believe i am up to about 65 singular Nokia phones in my collection now. They’re all my favourites!
Q5- You decided to start blogging- Why?
5. I have always had a love for Nokia phones and accessories, and have followed every phone launch and news about devices quite intently over the years. Along with my move to Twitter, i love getting more and more involved with the Nokia community out there, bloggers, Nokia employees and fans. Its such a great and friendly atmosphere, and everyone is so good to each other 🙂
Q6- What can we expect in the future and what would you like to see.?
6. I love seeing new Nokia devices be announced and break the barriers in innovation with what they bring to the table. You can expect regular updates to my blog, NokiaJourneys, and i will see what interesting experiences i can bring to the table. I have had awesome experiences with Nokia over the years, topping it off with a visit to Nokia House this last July. As a Nokia geek, i am only just getting started!
So thats Adrians interview and a great insight on his Nokia past,present and future,thanks for talking to us Adrian and keep up the good work.
We will have more exciting interviews coming soon of some of the best in the business so stay tuned.