The kit comes with a robust metal type housing with a braided cable while lightweight and sturdy with the main slots acceptable, this allows the portability to carry in a bag around. The DriverGenius HB081 USB is like a Swiss army knife (in terms of a portable solution for accessing multiple types of memory cards.) and has flexibility for a wide variety of flash media to allow for quick transfer and backup files. The USB-C port multi-card reader/writer supports SD4.0 SD, UHS-II microSD, and CFast 2.0 via tablet, smartphone, laptop or desktop computer. The USB 3.0 card reader supports the vast majority of memory cards on the market, including SDXC cards up to 2 TB, this can also connect directly to an android smartphone to copy/ move files without the need for a laptop or other device.
■ Transfer photos, videos or other files from your SD, microSD, and CFast 2.0 cards to your USB-C enabled tablet, laptop, or another device
■ Gain greater efficiency when working with a variety of memory cards – ideal for creative professionals including photographers, videographers, and graphic designers
- UHS-II SD 4.0/CF CARD READER: High integrated External USB Type-c Multi-Card Reader support UHS-II SD/SDXC/SDHC/MicroSD, backwards UHS-I, also as CF-1 (43*36*3.3mm) memory card adapter.
- CLICK-in FEATURE: DriverGenius HB080 use click popping design for the slots, that can fix cards well and protect cards from random insertion. The pocket-size design lets you take this card reader anywhere.
- 3 SLOTS USB-C CARD READER WRITER: 3-in-1 slots for SD4.0, microSD4.0, CF-1 memory card,and can read and write simultaneously, no need to switch, no harm to SD cards. Suitable for quick workflow with multi device and multi-scenario.
- 5Gbps USB3.1 GEN1 TYPE-C SUPPORT: Professional UHS SD to USB-C laptop/tablet/smartphone, it allows high speed data and movie transfer in seconds. Ensure high resolution still of images.
- VERSATILE COMPATIBILITY: Compatible for Win 10 / 8 / 7, mac, Ubuntu 21.04.
There is no requirement for a setup in terms of plug in the USB C into a laptop, inserting the relevant card and read and write simultaneously. This required no download of drivers/programs for use. This is plug and play, because you do not need to download any drivers or programs etc.
From an early age, it has been taught to keep a backup of our data whether used for a photographer or shooting any video. This may involve transferring photos, videos or other files from your SD, microSD, and CFast 2.0 cards to your USB-C enabled tablet, laptop or another device.
They’re a noticeable speed connection when the card is placed into the reader and to a laptop, The kit quoted data transfer speeds up to 5Gbps which would be under an ideal scenario and would require card, and laptop to achieve this speed transfer. Tests carried out by techbuzz gave a large increase in transfer vs the standard cables often used to transfer files. Overall the kit is solid in terms of build and required no additional software required in to make it work “Plug and play” with a transfer speed far exceeding typical cables while compatible with a variety of systems and cards. A must for those that transfer / read / write simultaneously, a lot of data, ensuring efficiency in their work/leisure.