After months of anticipation, the LEGO Group opened the doors to the first ever LEGO Store in Ireland. Located in the heart of Dublin at 41 Grafton Street, the LEGO Store is already delighting fans, both young and old, with an exciting collection of sets and experiences.
LEGO-lovers from far and wide gathered at the opening, excited to see the new features and the uniquely Irish themes displayed throughout the store. Customers were immersed in the LEGO magic with Irish dancers, a LEGO mascot, extravagant displays and branded theatre turning the top of Grafton Street into Ireland’s very own LEGO-land. Sadly I am away on hols at the moment but the first thing I will be doing is taking a visit when I return and perhaps add some more to my car collection.
Visitors to the new store will be treated to the new ‘Retailtainment’ concept which blends physical and digital experiences that allow shoppers to immerse themselves in the famous LEGO brick, as well as create personalised products. This includes:
- Minifigure Factory: The LEGO Minifigure Factory allows visitors to design and create a unique LEGO Minifigure – the perfect souvenir from your visit or gift for someone else.
- LEGO Pick a Brick Wall: The Pick a Brick Wall is a great way for fans to select the exact elements that they require for their builds.
- Store Associates: Whether visitors are picking out a gift, looking for the latest set or bringing your LEGO fan in for a special treat, Brick Specialists can help find a set that’s the perfect fit.
- Hands-on Play opportunities, including free build challenges and events each month.
- Build a Minifigure Tower mix and match from a wide selection of bottoms, tops, heads, hair pieces and accessories to customize minifigures.
- Exclusive LEGO models: Look out for eye-catching 3D LEGO models throughout the store inspired by the city of Dublin and Irish culture
Natali Stojovic, Senior Vice President, LEGO Retail, The LEGO Group, said, “We are elated to see so many loyal fans come out for the first ever Irish LEGO Store and are happily opening our doors to give them the full LEGO experience and a weekend they will never forget.
“It’s fantastic to see guests interact with the latest in-store experiences and the new Retailtainment concept. The Dublin store will allow builders of all ages to be inspired by endless play possibilities and for new builders to welcome them into a new exciting journey of discovery into the LEGO universe.”
The brand-new LEGO store is offering the full range of exciting new products only available direct from LEGO stores and shop.lego.com including the likes of LEGO Icons Atari 2600 and LEGO Icons Lion Knights’ Castle.