Instagram is launching a new fundraising feature within Instagram Reels to give people a new way to do this. Now available in more than 30 countries, including Ireland, people can donate and create fundraisers for important environmental causes directly from Reels. Globally, more than 4 million people have donated over $150M (c. 140M EURO) to date through Facebook and Instagram Fundraisers to combat climate change and support environmental protection.
Most popular Earth Day related emojis and hashtags in Ireland
- (Green heart)
- (Deciduous tree)
- ️ (Recycling symbol)
Learn More About Climate Change and Make an Impact for Earth Day:
Here are some ways you can help tackle climate change across Meta technologies, whether that’s leading the charge on fundraising for a cause on Instagram Reels or just learning more about climate issues:
- Visit the Climate Science Centre: We’re adding new features, including highlighting everyday actions people can take and showcasing new data that shows country-level emissions. More than 200 million people have visited the Climate Science Centre, now available in 150 countries.
- Shop second-hand on Facebook Marketplace: Currently in Ireland, there are over 3,500 zero-waste, recycled or up-cycled items listed on Facebook Marketplace. You can use Marketplace to buy, and sell secondhand items in your local community — from bicycles and plants to clothes and home decor.
- Show support for the environment:
- On Instagram, we’ve collaborated with illustrator Ping Zhu to create stickers that encourage people to express their support for Earth Day and the environment. When someone uses one of the stickers in a story, they’ll get added to a multi-author story that shows up in the first spot of the Stories tray at the top of Instagram.
- On Facebook, we’re adding profile frames that let people show their support.
- On Messenger, we’re releasing a custom sticker pack and 3D avatar stickers built just for Earth Day. We’ve also partnered with Ellen DeGeneres to bring an Earth Day-friendly version of her mobile game Heads Up! to video calling on Messenger and Instagram.
- Explore environmental VR content on Quest: Immerse yourself in conservation experiences across the globe with virtual reality apps and experiences from Meta Quest. Encounter endangered mountain gorillas in the volcanic jungles of northern Rwanda and walk with giant pandas rescued from the wilds of China, or sit with the children of Cabo Pulmo to learn how overfishing is impacting their local reef and livelihood.
Commitment to the Environment
We’re sharing new efforts towards our goals of net zero emissions across our value chain and accelerating the renewable energy transition which you can read on our latest Newsroom Post https://about.fb.com/news/2022/04/make-an-impact-for-earth-day/