Nextbase, the global leader in Dash Cam technology, today announced the world’s first fully-connected smart Dash Cam: Nextbase iQ. Designed to fast-track next generation safety, security, and AI-driver assistance, Nextbase iQ completely transforms the driving experience in any car.
Packed full of the latest AI-powered technology, iQ is host to a range of cutting-edge new features, such as Spatial Awareness, where the Dash Cam anticipates, records, and notifies the user of incidents when away from one’s vehicle. The innovative new Roadwatch AI provides instant, accurate monitoring of other vehicles’ speeds and trajectories, and with Witness Mode, iQ offers immediate handsfree recording, as well as real-time cloud upload and sharing to provide the ultimate video evidence for when drivers feel most vulnerable.
An all new Nextbase IQ app gives users real-time alerts and access to video when away from their vehicle. Drivers can benefit from real time tracking with ultra-precise GPS, smart sense parking for enhanced monitoring of surroundings, and instant incident notifications including still snapshot visualisation. The iQ will be available in Autumn 2022.
Building on previous award-winning models, Nextbase iQ still offers key Dash Cam features including 4K, three camera, video technology, able to record both externally and internally. The entirely new product design has been informed by extensive research and development to capture the best image quality and vehicle security views in the industry.
“There is nothing on the market that rises to the level of Nextbase iQ,” said Richard Browning, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer for Nextbase.
“Over two years and from the ground up, we have re-imagined what a Dash Cam can be and created the world’s first Smart Dash Cam, utilizing AI-technology and Cloud-connectivity to give drivers a complete sense of safety and security. Never has there been a smart connected-car product that offers so much benefit in one package. We have improved our already best-in-class Dash Cam functionality and added never-before-seen technology to support drivers, whether they are on the road or away from their vehicle.”
Other stand-out features in the Nextbase iQ include:
Many patent-pending technologies have been incorporated into Nextbase iQ for the sole purpose of protecting drivers, passengers, and their vehicles with AI-powered, Cloud-connected Nextbase NXT Tech.
- Real-time access anytime, anywhere
- Spatial Awareness Technology – custom-designed, application-specific, artificial intelligence to anticipate and record incidents both while in, and away from, one’s vehicle
- Fast and reliable cloud connection with NXT Dual Link Wi-Fi and 4G
- Ultra-high-accuracy GPS satellite positioning for fast and convenient vehicle tracking
The world’s best hands-free dash cam functionality takes a leap forward with Nextbase iQ.
- World’s only connected 4K, tri-cam IR video system, delivering up to 4k front and 1440p in rear and cabin views, day or night
- Witness Mode offers immediate, voice-activated handsfree recording, real-time cloud upload and sharing, to provide safe and secure video evidence for when drivers feel most vulnerable
- Live View provides drivers with real-time direct access to the onboard camera system from anywhere in the world
- Native Voice Control system allows fast, intuitive and precise driver commands, safely enabling various features while hands remain on the wheel and eyes remain on the road
- Valet Mode – Allows the setting of a number of triggers to alert the device owner to certain conditions when the vehicle is not in their possession, such as when being valet parked, at the workshop, or loaned to another driver such as a child or colleague.
Smart, connected, and proactive technology that brings a true home security perspective when on the road.
- NXT Video through Nextbase’s award-winning low-light video system to precisely capture license plates, street signs and all other critical details in the event of an incident inside or outside the vehicle
- Roadwatch AI provides real-time monitoring of other vehicles’ speeds and trajectories
- Emergency SOS (ESOS) – Pioneered on the Series 2 Dash Cam range, Nextbase is the only dash cam brand that automatically alerts Emergency Services with location and other critical details following a serious accident
- Driver Aware (DMS) features smart driver monitoring system to combat distracted and/or drowsy driving
- The Vehicle Aware (ADAS) system, an advanced driver assistance system, monitors the road and cars in front, warning drivers of vehicle and pedestrian danger utilizing Nextbase Spatial Awareness Technology
Via the Nextbase iQ app, Nextbase iQ provides drivers with real-time alerts and access to video when away from their vehicle
- Real-time tracking with a built-in ultra-accurate GPS location beacon and synchronized real-time video
- Smart Sense Parking powered by AI-enabled Nextbase Spatial Awareness Technology, captures critical moments before and after any incident, tunable to adjust to circumstances to maximize security and minimize inconvenience. The intelligent monitoring system keeps an eye on surroundings, including vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists, allowing drivers to obtain real-time alerts to observe and act.
- Through the Nextbase iQ app, drivers can receive incident notifications, instantly when away from the vehicle, including still snapshot visualization
“The Nextbase iQ doesn’t simply elevate Dash Cam functionality, it establishes a whole new category of smart, connected, intelligent technology for the car.
“We are now enabling every vehicle on the road to be equipped with safety, security and assistance above what’s available in today’s newest cars. The powerful AI-capable chipset we’re using in the Nextbase iQ enables us to continuously roll out further cutting-edge driver technology upgrades via the Cloud, giving access to the very latest driver safety and security features for years to come,” said Browning.