TikTok is a social media or rather video platform which went viral in 2018. As a Millenial or GenZ individual, there is a high chance you heard about TikTok or even posted a video on it. But do you know that TikTok is a great way to expand your business and target more buyers? Especially for such a tech-savvy young entrepreneur you are.
For those who don’t know what TikTok is, find about the platform in the article. Check the best ways you can use it for your business promotion below.
Step #1: Explore the Market
Yes, there is a high probability the competitors are already using the platform. Once you answer your burning question on ‘Can I get a professional order for an essay from PaperWriter right before the exam,move on. Your essay is ready, so why not spend some time plotting against your competitors? Just kidding. Stay friendly.
How to explore TikTok as a marketing strategy?
- Create a TikTok account for your business;
- Search for your potential competitors and analyze the content they’re posting. You’ll be surprised with the number of videos one can create;
- Analyze the content of your competitors. How do they promote their products? How do they interact with the audience? Are they getting personal with the customers?;
- Check the TikTok music library. You can download songs, remix them, and add them to your videos;
- After a thorough analysis of the platform, you’ll get an idea of what your videos should look like.
Step #2: Videos that Sell
Still feel confused about the content your account should focus on? Check the list of ideas for your videos below. But before reading the suggestions, remember the main TikTok rule. The content should be engaging, funny, and creative. No more boring business presentations from your last workplace.
- Get personal. TikTok users love personal stories. In turn, a personal story causes a strong emotional response, making the viewer crave for more. Tell things about yourself or create a whole story about how you started your business;
- Story time. Yes, TikTok users have a zest for well-made stories. The latter may not be even business-related, but if the stories spark with raw emotion – use them. Regardless of your business, everyone would love to see and hear how you saved a stray cat;
- Dogs and cats. TikTok is a paradise for pet grooming salons. Everyone loves cute animals. Have an animal? Make a video about it or take it to the office with you;
- Creating a product. Show the users how you choose a fabric for that amazing apparel and the way you create the item later;
- Show TikTokers how to use your product. Designed a bag? Choose a few matching outfits and show how the bag pockets can be used;
- Charity. If your business donates money or products to local shelters, film the process.
Step #3: Hashtags
Yes, you’re not old-fashioned if you decide to use hashtags. In fact, proper hashtags sell well on TikTok. All those Millennials and GenZs click on hashtags to reach the content they like and the products they need.
Use your hashtags smartly.
- Respect the users. Don’t use hashtags that are popular but have no relation to your business. You don’t want to look like a fraud, right?;
- Competitors again. Check which hashtags other companies in your niche are using;
- Your customers. Ask them to add hashtags leading to your business account each time they post a video about your product. This is especially effective when it comes to fashion items. People love creating outfits and making videos about them.
Step #4: When Ad is Never Old
Like YouTube and any other video platform, TikTok is an open space for business battles. Use ads to be a winner.
- Common adds. You can post a business ad that will appear between the user’s videos. However, TikTokers can easily scroll your ad down;
- Opening ad. This option is for privileged businesses. Your ad will appear on the main page of the user’s account right when they log in;
- Hashtag-challenge ads. Occasionally, TikTok organizes challenges to promote businesses. Make sure you check the Discover page from time to time.
Step #5: Show Your Creative Side
TikTok is not a place for business meetings or high sales. Remember it when creating a video. On the other hand, TikTok inspires your inner child to play, create, and have fun.
- Add music. You can choose any song from the app’s library and lip-sync it or simply add it to the video for cover;
- Participate in TikTok singing challenges. Hit the highest note of Lady Gaga’s ‘Bad Romance’ or sing ‘Into the Thick of It’ acapella. Your subscribers will be happy to learn more about your hidden talents;
- Add effects. Filters are a great way to highlight or hide some specific parts of the video;
- Dance, dance, dance! TikTok is a space to explore your creativity and build authentic relationships with the audience. No need to be a professional dancer in order to participate in dance challenges. Just have fun!
Step #6: What Not to Do on TikTok
Some users may violate TikTok rules and post disrespectful content. You may be the nicest person, but a bad reputation does no good to the business. How to avoid the pitfalls?
- Boredom. The last thing TikTokers want to see is a long Google business-like meeting. Wipe that serious face away! And no product presentations with statistics – they will easily put your audience to sleep;
- Children. TikTok parents are eager to exploit their children to get more views. However, children cannot give their permission because they are under full parental custody. So before you invade into your child’s privacy, ask whether they want to be filmed;
- Strangers. The same rule of privacy goes about people you meet in the street or a supermarket queue. You don’t want them to sue you, right?
TikTok is a rewarding marketing tool if you use it right. Let your inner child out, add some humor, and you’re good to go! Remember that TikTok is not a high-sales platform. It’s rather a way to engage emotionally with your potential audience and let you cool off at the end of a busy week.
We hope you found the article useful. For more info on TikTok, check their official platform. Good luck!