A new scam doing the rounds to watch out for claiming to be PTSB and beneficiary called SAMSON. The text has a PTSB identifier on top which most do to make it look real and here is when people panic and get caught out . As per usual you will be instructed to login to your account via the link given in the sms which brings you to a site near identical to the PTSB website and if you follow this you have just handed over your information and you know what happens after that.. Below is what to look out for and as usual report this and delete straight away and do not click on the link.HERE
As per the PTSB WEBSITE
What should you do if you receive suspicious SMS?
- Do not click on the link that is in the SMS.
- Do not divulge any credit/debit card/account log-on information.
- Do not respond to the message.
- Regarding genuine authorisation codes received from permanent tsb via SMS please ensure that you read and fully understand the text message before proceeding
- If you have already clicked the link and/or sent your details, contact us as soon as possible on +353 (1) 669 5851. We will cancel your Open24 number and arrange a new one for you.