SQUID App, the first personalized news app for Millennials available all over Europe, is now launching in Ireland. Users can choose the topics they really care about, follow the latest news and creatively interact with the most exciting articles – all in one app.
- SQUID is free and does not require registration
- More than 100 news categories and more than 20 000 sources, (techbuzzireland.com included)
- Features for personalization such as choosing and sorting topics, saving articles and blocking sources
SQUID makes relevant news easily accessible and usable. The app offers a wide range of topics that users can choose from to create their own personalized and image-centered newsfeed. SQUID’s algorithms collect, sort and prioritize news from the most exciting sources on the internet, enabling users to keep up with the most important and interesting events. At the same time, SQUID is driving traffic from the popular Millennial target group to the news sources.
“We want to help younger generations rediscover news reading as a fun, valuable and engaging daily activity,” says Johan Othelius, CEO and founder of SQUID App.
See more on http://squidapp.co/en/
SQUID App is developed by Njuice AB, a media company based in Stockholm, Sweden. It is a fast-growing news media app targeting millennials in Europe and from now in Latin America. The company is growing its userbase with double digit percentages month on month. SQUID App is available for free in the UK, Italy, Poland, Spain, France, Netherlands, Russia, Sweden, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Australia, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Greece, Finland, Norway,Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Ireland, Romania, Czech Republic, Hungary, Bulgaria, Serbia, Slovakia, Croatia, Ukraine, Belarus, Turkey, Lithuania, Slovenia as well as an International English and Spanish version. The app has received very good consumer reviews in App Store, Google Play Store and Huawei AppGallery and very positive coverage in media in all markets where launched. Find more information on www.squidapp.co.
Interview with Rebecca Versteegh country manager in Ireland of SQUID App
What do you hope for with Squid Ireland?
- My hope is that we will attract young readers and introduce them to qualitative journalism. I am a millennial myself and I love the Squidapp. Many of my friends spend a lot of time on social media today. They don’t always no that there is a lot of interesting news out there, that would interest them. We want to show them all that.
How much traffic do you drive to publishers.
- Quite a lot actually. In countries where we have been live for a while, such as Poland and Italy we have close relationships with publishers. They often reach out to us with news they find interesting. if we agree we are happy to boost and help spread the articles. We want to do everything we can to help publishers. We also help publishers connect with readers that they otherwise have difficulties finding.
Which are the most popular topics?
Tech is actually one of our most popular topics. Sports is popular, as is Health & Training. and Top News of course.
What are your favorite topics?
Top News and Politics
– SQUID is free and does not require registration
– More than 100 news categories and more than 20 000 sources
– Features for personalization such as choosing and sorting topics, saving articles and blocking sources