The Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot highlights the ability to provide fast reliable broadband using the home power socket to create secure Wi-Fi. There is no requirement for additional wires required. The box came with what looked like 2 larger plugs with network sockets attached. The principle is to extend the Wi-Fi range in the house with a secure Wi-Fi hotspot with a strong signal.
- BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600: 76 x 66 x 70 mm (H x W x D)
- BT Broadband Extender 600: 76 x 65 x 63 mm (H x W x D)
Broadband Extenders & Home Hotspots:
- Uses your home electrical wiring to extend your broadband network anywhere in the house
- Works with all broadband providers
- Link with other Home Plug AV powerline adaptors
- AV600 powerline & N150 wireless technology
- Compatible with AV200 and AV500 technology devices
- Uses latest AV600 technology for smooth multiple HD / 3D streaming
- Secure wireless network – no configuration necessary
- Simple push-button Wi-Fi connection set-up with hotspot
- Two Ethernet ports for multiple wired devices
- Available as a kit or a multi kit
Warranty – 3 Years Warranty
The setup was very easy, plug in the Wi-Fi extender then a cable to the standard router / hub using the supplied network cable. The other plug (Wi-Fi-home hotspot) the other plug in another room. Once plugged in after a few minutes the light turns a steady green.
There was an option to connect the laptop etc via an ethernet cable also, this was not required using the Wi-Fi option worked well. This was plugged into an external shed at the bottom of the garden having no Wi-Fi coverage, once the setup was done Wi-Fi was available. There was a small drop in speed as tested on speed test site, but a minimal loss.
Note The BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Kit will only transfer the speed coming into the home, it will not increase the speed rather extend the speed in to the home, this can be tested using a speed test site, e.g. www.fast.com, The Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot is recommended to plug directly into the mains socket , not an anti-surge socket or extension cable.
The standard router supplied by the networks should suffice for a typical home but thick concrete walls, or foil back installation on walls may block Wi-Fi signal’s. The BT Mini Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 600 Kit is a simple product that works, (provided you are on the same internal electric mains connection in your property). The setup is quick with minimal technical knowledge required. This allows Wi-Fi in parts of your property that your standard router (as supplied by your network provider) does not cover.
The key to this product from BT, is that it works to extends your broadband for access in those hard-to-reach places. This can be got in 2 / 3 plugs to extend the range. If Broadband is limited or patchy in parts of your home this is a reasonable inexpensive method to extend the Wi-Fi that works. This is an easy decision to make on a quality BT product to extend the range.