I have tried and tested multiple dashcams over the years and we have more coming so watch out for that but small or claiming to be the worlds smallest might be a selling point and some may jump on that pitch alone but before you do some research. This dashcam is small and small on the pocket, There is cheaper out there and true to form you get what you pay for and in this instance here that applies.
One thing I like is its size it does not stand out and can be easily placed anywhere on your windscreen and can be pretty much hidden in any corner and people would not even see it,only if you where looking for it you would.
The dash cam is smaller than a credit card, when you mount it to your car’s windshield, the minimum and ultra thin size and design is easily concealed, and will not distract you while driving.
Set up is simple and it is pretty much the standard with most these days you can basically plug it in and off you go. There is a simple UI to use and even the not so technically minded should find it easy to follow,but below is a UI walk through if you have any questions you can also fire away below or on you tube and I would suggest you fix the time stamp as many don’t.
Package contents – T17 Car Dash Cam, A Car charger,USB cable, Car bracket and suction cup,Card reader, Reset tool,it’s the same as a sim removal tool. User guides and a VIP registration card.
This not only serves as a video recorder but you can take photos on it but they are not the best quality nor is this aimed for that purpose. You can set your default loop time as seen in video typically I always use 2/3 minutes. The bigger the card the better is always the best option for using dahscams however none was provided with the unit which is a common trend so I can’t really complain about that you will only be able to use up to 32GB max which is fine.. There is G sensor on board here which locks your clips should you have a bump and these files will not be overwritten which is great although it does lock files accidently.
Quality is OK but not fantastic and does the job it is set out to do for the price. I would however be careful how it’s placed in direct sunlight or if you wanted to grab a reg plate at a distance, You can maneuver the unit almost any direction you want a random tweak can be easily applied on the go you will see glare for example on your tiny screen that is pixellated up close but again for the money and the size you can’t really complain.
With all that is available on the unit it is not a bad pick up in fairness and given it’s the cheapest one I have reviewed you can’t really go wrong, Setup is simple the UI is simple to use and it comes with all the requirements you need to give you added protection on the road, the quality is not mind blowing but again the cost and the size comes into play here and having said that it can only get better as time goes on, I would prefer a small unit like this that a big lump on the window which can be distracting not only by me but anyone walking past can see dashcams and leave you open to theft.
- 1080P HD RESOLUTION:This dashcam captures 1080p footage, delivers stunning image quality day and night, clear video evidence potentially critical in an insurance claim or lawsuit,making Conbrov your best friend on the road.
- 📷WORLD’S SMALLEST DASH CAM:Half of a Credit Card size – The mini and ultra thin size and design is easily concealed – doesn’t obstruct your vision and distract you while driving.
- 📷EASY TO SET UP:Simply mount it to the windshield, connect the usb cable,the car camcorder will automatically record while driving. Note:this dash cam supports microSD cards (NOT INCLUDED) up to 32 GB, don’t forget to prepare a memory sd card before using the dash cam.
- 📷ACCIDENT AUTO DETECTION FEATURE:Triggered by G-sensor, the dashboard camera will automatically lock videos of car accidents, giving you a vital record of the incident for your use.
- 📷WHAT’S IN THE BOX:Conbrov T17 Car Dash Cam,car charger,usb cable,car bracket, card reader,pin,user manual,and our fan-favorite 12-month warranty.
Pros- Cheap, Simple UI, Simple Set-up, Discreet,Size
Cons – No SD card, Some oddities with files transfer such as noise and missing video footage, Locks files unesseccerily but you can turn this off.