Picking a new TV can be a challenge for many it does not only come down to budget it comes down to ones personal requirements. For sure I could recommend one and have done many times and there are some really good deals out there right now but Netflix have done some research of their own in this department so check out what they have to offer.
When you see the “Netflix Recommended TV” logo, it means that device has passed rigorous testing to ensure great performance and easy access to Netflix and other services. This means the TV:
- Starts up instantly and gets to Netflix (or other internet TV services) within just a few seconds.
- Allows users to move quickly and easily between apps
- Comes with the latest version of Netflix
- Can support newer, more immersive Netflix browsing experiences, like video previews
In order to receive the designation, the TV must meet 5 out of 7 criteria (listed here).
What’s more, all of the models designated include a Netflix button on the remote control which means viewers can start watching instantly with the press of a single button. Magic. And our stopwatches come in handy, because we make sure you can power on your TV and start watching in just a matter of seconds.
Here is the first wave of 2018 Netflix Recommended TVs:
- LG 4K UHD TVs with webOS 4.0
- Sony W800F / WF800 series Android TVs
We test all TVs that carry Netflix and will continue to report new designations throughout the year as new devices become available or get updated. Timing of availability for Netflix Recommended TVs will vary by market, and not all models will be available in all regions. For more information, you can go to our Netflix Recommended TV website.