Irish Tech Leader Action Point to Launch New Smart-Manufacturing Solution at IoT World Congress in Partnership with Microsoft, Dell and Intel
Irish firm Action Point has collaborated with global tech giants Microsoft, Dell and Intel to develop IoT-PREDICT, a new Industrial Internet of Things solution aimed at the manufacturing sector and which is to launch at the IoT World Solutions Congress in Barcelona this week which takes place from the 3rd – 5th of October. IoT-PREDICT securely gathers extensive real-time data from the production floor to help manufacturers reduce down time, improve overall equipment effectiveness and deliver cost savings.
- Irish tech firm Action Point has partnered with Microsoft, Dell and Intel to develop an out-of-the-box solution for manufacturers eager to harness the business opportunities presented by the Industrial Internet of Things. Action Point served as the “glue” between the 3 partners during the design and development process.
- IoT-PREDICT quickly gives manufacturing companies around the globe the real-time insights they need to improve overall equipment effectiveness and deliver cost savings to the business.
- IoT-PREDICT uses smart sensors to gather vibration, temperature and power consumption data from the production line to troubleshoot production problems, enable predictive maintenance scheduling and reduce production downtime.
- A unique collaboration, IoT-PREDICT’s smart-manufacturing software was developed by Action Point with Dell providing the Industrial Edge Gateway technology and Microsoft the Microsoft Azure cloud platform-based data visualisation, analytics and alerting tools.
- With the engineering user kept firmly in mind, IoT-PREDICT’s product and packaging design was developed by multi award winning Irish firm Dolmen Design.
- There are 4000 manufacturing firms in Ireland spending more than €12 Billion annually on suppliers, employing over 159,000 people and according to IBEC, 88% will be investing in new technology in the future.
From left to right is Ivan O’Connor (Head of IoT, Action Point), Aongus Hegarty (President, EMEA, Dell EMC) and Aisling Keegan (Vice President & GM, Dell EMC Ireland & NI).
Action Point’s Head of IoT, Ivan O’Connor said; “Our aim was to have relevant and accurate industrial IoT data flowing from the factory floor to the engineering and management team’s desktops within 10 minutes of opening the box.”
Sam George, Director, Azure IoT, Microsoft Corp. said, “We are pleased to see Action Point has developed an IoT solution on Microsoft Azure, Azure IoT and Windows 10 IoT OS to enable remote monitoring at scale in industrial settings. IoT PREDICT, built on the trusted and global-scale platform,
Speaking ahead of the official launch in Barcelona Dell’s EMEA Director – IoT and Embedded, Marc Flanagan said “We were incredibly excited to work on IoT-PREDICT as part of our vision for Industrial Automation.”
Design and usability were a major focus for the Action Point team during product development. They enlisted the help of multi-award-winning Dolmen Design to design a compact, pre-assembled and pre-configured system for quick and easy installation and commissioning in any industrial environment.
Action Point have in recent years delivered a number of successful technology solutions for global manufacturing clients such as Analog Devices, Johnson & Johnson, ALPS Electric Ireland and others. The launch of IoT-PREDICT takes place at this week’s IoT Solutions World, which takes place in Barcelona from the 3rd – 5th of October. You will find the team exhibiting at the Microsoft booth #301, Hall 5 at the Fira Barcelona Gran Via Conference centre. More information can be found at www.action-point.com/iot-predict