The new cases include Presidio Ultra, Speck’s toughest and most rugged case yet. It’s drop tested up to 4.5 metres, features four layers of protection, 360 degree port coverage and is dirt and dust resistant. The two piece case is a Presidio base (3-metre drop protection for everyday use) and then you add the Impactium Ultra Bumper for rugged protection. Speck’s dual-layered cases are perfectly suited to protect the glass back on the new phones.
Some great news for those who aren’t ready to upgrade yet: Speck’s new iPhone 8 cases will fit the iPhone 6, 6s and 7, and same goes for Plus!
Presidio ULTRA is Speck’s toughest case yet, designed to withstand extreme drops and resist the elements. Presidio ULTRA is drop tested up to 4.5 metres, features four layers of protection, offers 360-degree port coverage and is dirt and dust resistant.
Presidio ULTRA is designed to be flexible for those who never have the same day twice, whether that’s a working parent on the go, or the weekend warrior who clocks out from their 9 to 5 and then heads straight into adventure. Presidio ULTRA starts with a dual-layer, one-piece Presidio case, which provides slim 3 metre drop protection that’s perfect for daily use. By adding the IMPACTIUM ULTRA Bumper, the case becomes ultra-protective, ready to defend against drops, dirt, dust and whatever else might come its way.
“We wanted to make an ultra-protective case in a way that felt authentic to Speck,” said Speck VP of Design Bryan Hynecek. “Presidio ULTRA is unique in that its convertible to give customers options of rugged protection when they need it, and slim protection when they don’t.”
Speck has also made improvements to two of its most popular cases, Presidio CLEAR and Presidio GRIP. By employing a sophisticated microdot technology, the No. 1 best-selling clear case in the U.S., Presidio CLEAR, is now even more clear and continues to resist UV yellowing and scratches. The ridges on Presidio GRIP have been redesigned with an improved grip geometry, resulting in a more tactile hold.
iPhone 7 cases
Speck is also introducing a metallic collection for the first time. Presidio METALLIC provides 3 metre drop protection and comes in five of this season’s top colours: rose gold, gold, tungsten grey, taro purple and peppermint green. The assortment features chic jewel tones with a scratch-resistant finish, the perfect accessory to complement the newest iPhones.
iPhone 8 collection Gallery
The full Speck line up for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X includes:
- Presidio ULTRA (£44.95) — Rugged, slim case with 4.5 metre drop protection and 360-degree port coverage
- Presidio (£19.95 – £24.95) — Superior slim protection with IMPACTIUM™ Shock Barrier
- Presidio CLEAR (£19.95 – £24.95) — The bestselling clear case in the U.S.*, now with improved clarity
- Presidio GRIP (£19.95 – £24.95) — Improved grip geometry offers a more tactile hold
- Presidio METALLIC (£24.95) — Shimmery tones with 3 metre drop protection
- Presidio CLEAR + PRINT (£24.95 – £29.95) — Embedded designs won’t fade or scratch
- Presidio CLEAR + GLITTER (£24.95 – £29.95) — Glitter crystals embedded in the case add sparkle that won’t flake off
- Presidio SHOW (£19.95 – £24.95) – 3 metre drop protective case with a clear back and a bumper that seamlessly matches the iPhone
- Presidio WALLET (£29.95) — Securely holds three cards or cash
Speck cases are available now at SpeckProducts.co.uk, John Lewis, Dixons, O2, Smultrons Inc. and CompuB.