You may remember last year we featured a story on a handy tool for mobile users and importers that was called will my phone work,if not here is a reminder of what this does..this also applies to tablets too not just mobile phones..
- Mobile Device Buyers and Sellers: Looking to buy a phone but have no idea if it’ll work with your carrier? Or, if you’ve ever sold a phone, you know the feeling of having people message you and always ask if it will work with carrier “X”. Just send them our website!
- Travellers: If you’re travelling abroad with your phone, it’s difficult to know how compatible your phone will be (if at all) with a foreign mobile network. Not anymore with our tool!
- Technology Enthusiasts: Chances are, people come to you with tech-related questions. Here’s just another resource to point people towards or to use in order to give them a quick answer rather than doing the research yourself.
- And More: That’s just the tip of the iceberg, I can see this being useful to mobile network carriers, mobile device manufacturers, cellphone stores, research purposes, etc.
Will my phone work
Have you ever asked the question, “Will my mobile phone work with a certain mobile carrier?” Or perhaps you’re traveling to another country and want to make sure your smartphone works there. You could even be selling a cellular phone and need a website to point people to when they ask if the phone works for a certain carrier. WillMyPhoneWork.net can help you find the answer you’re looking for.
Its an easy pain free process to complete which is detailed below…First select a Brand.
You can read on for the full explanation of how it works over HERE its quite a handy tool and you should go check it out if you have not done so already…
Well they are now stepping up the game some more and here is what is the plan is Will My Phone Work has got praised worldwide for its efforts so far….
What features are you looking to add?
There are many features that I’m looking to add. Most of these are features that you, the users, have requested:
Covert the website from the old WordPress platform to ASP.NET in order to support new features and significantly boost performance.
Add Reverse Look-up feature (example: Show me a list of all phones that are compatible with 4G LTE network in Argentina OR Show me a list of all phones that are compatible with Wind Mobile in Canada).
Add an ALL option for Carriers so that you can get look up results from all carriers in a Country rather than searching one-by-one.
Add an ALL option for Sub Models so that you can get look up results from all sub models within a Model rather than searching one-by-one.
Display more clarity into why a phone is not compatible with a mobile network (example: Right now, we just have a red X when a device is not compatible with a network, I want to add a message explaining why it’s not compatible).
Allow users to Share look-up results via email or social media.
Show partial compatibility between a mobile device and carrier network by listing the carrier network bands, along with the device band, so you can visually see if the device is fully compatible.
How can You help?
There are many ways that you can help.
- Contribute to the fundraising campaign here: http://igg.me/at/willmyphonework
- Share the fundraising campaign to friends and family via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc. You can use Indiegogo’s sharing tools which are also located on the same website.