As both an Android and WindowsPhone user i like to have choice,choice is what i get and the best of both worlds but i do not like the static screen on Android mainly because i love the live tiles on WindowsPhone,its pleasing to look at and not boring and your phone looks alive.
Now there is a great new app called Launcher 8 and it does what it says on the tin,it turns your static screen into life and very user friendly and you can create your own design on the homescreen..It seems pretty good so far on testing and we like it.
You can add different size tiles.
– You can add a variety of color tile.
– You can save and restore the theme.
– You can edit the start screen layout.
– You can set the current background style.
– You can switch the application list style.
– You can add Android widgets in the tiles.
– You can set the wp8 style lock screen and status bar.
– You can select more than one hundred kinds of theme colors.
– You can add special features tiles, like time, LED light, Live Gallery and Live contact.
– Each rows 6 tiles for big screens. (just support the Launcher 8 Pro version)
– Single contact avatar animation tile. (just support the Launcher 8 Pro version)
The live contact needs to read the contact data (Avatar) access permission;
2 Direct dial call shortcut need the CALL PHONE permission;
3 Direct send text message shortcut need Send Message permission.
4 Download the themes need access the network permission.
5 The LED Light need access the Camera permission.
The notification feature requires manual activation . After activating this service, please return to the Settings > Status bar > Notification app > Open the switch if you need to message notification on the app(eg: Facebook).
How to activate all app notification:
1.On Launcher 8 home screen, click Menu, click “Settings” – “Status bar” – “Notifications active” – turn on ;
2.Then will go to “Accessibility” – “Services” – “Launcher 8 statusbar notification active” – Activation it.
3.Back to the Status bar setting, enable App Notifications, And make sure the apps running at background , also you can view the video.
How to remove the notification icons and number:
Please click tile to remove the WP8 lock screen and tiles notifications , eg Whatsapp/Facebook tiles.
Download Launcher 8 by clicking the image below.