Giiku Games is excited to confirm paranormal horror adventure Hermitage: Strange Case Files from acclaimed story-driven Arrowiz launches today on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and Steam.
Previously a hit in China, Hermitage: Strange Case Files’ unique brand of mystery and eccentricity has been fully localised for a western release, bringing the game’s twisting and turning investigation to a fresh audience.
The titular ‘Hermitage’ is an endearingly peculiar bookshop stood on a lonely corner, home to a strange collection of books and, arguably, an even stranger collection of book worms. When one customer comes in searching for literature to solve the mystery behind some lucid ritualistic dreams, Hermitage’s manager casts his analytical eye over both the patron, and her particularly perplexing problem.
“We were really excited to work with Chinese developer Arrowiz and Hermitage: Strange Case Files exemplifies just why – it’s a captivating mystery tied to the kind of deep, multi-branching narrative that’s quickly become the studio’s signature,” says Rinalda Faraian, Product Manager at Giiku Games. “Every line of dialogue, every word in the script, carries weight, which is why we’ve worked so hard to make sure these localised versions do Arrowiz’ work justice.”
With Hermitage: Strange Case Files causing its protagonist to question the lines between fantasy and reality, players take on the role of said bookshop owner – a former anthropology professor who has strangely never been seen outside of Hermitage. With the help of a hacker genius on the run, a self-proclaimed detective and a short-tempered legal consultant, players will need to get to the bottom of a series of horrific incidents, taking on the supernatural horrors that lurk between the pages of Hermitage’s weird and wonderful book collection.
Hermitage: Strange Case Files features:
- A unique adventure with a multi-layered story and a visual novel style
- Interviews with characters where choosing the approach that matches their personality serves up important leads
- Clues discovered through TV news, online forums, phone messages and emails
- Analyze characters and events using an interactive pinboard
- Investigate character backstories to discover secrets
- Match your intel with your suspicions to uncover the truth
- Take your adventure on a new path by unlocking various storylines with your choices
More information about Hermitage: Strange Case Files can be found at:
- Website: https://www.giikugames.com