Since this covid lark began things also started changing for many workers in Ireland and that is working from home, this was already happening though over the last two years and the pandemic only accelerated it. For me it has been the same, gradually over the last three years I left a company I worked for as a contractor for 18 years and found a niche in the industry
I do know of plenty of people that do work from home and have done so for years, long before this situation arrived but the likes of zoom and teams was not needed, we had skype and other means to do business over the phone or via your pc/laptop but now with teams and zoom being hugely popular I chose teams to be my means of contact when I require to speak to more than one person since some people are from strategically placed business in Ireland it is impossible to get all in one place at one time given we do have the rights to travel for essential purposes but me being me I decided to use tech to make life easier for all and get the same job done without moving.
Lets be up front most of our built in webcams are rubbish and you will see why here I have several laptops and they are all brutal with the built in webcam and you will see the difference by using an external webcam and not only that you are not so restricted either as it can be moved anywhere within the cables confines and the picture and audio is also better too, there is people out there who worry about what they look like on the likes of zoom and so on and need to stop this. I did hear a radio topic on this the other day and it is not right worrying how you look on these platforms, If that is you external webcams are for you and we have some in to check out, the one here today is the AUKEY 1080P webcam and it is a simple plug and play and job done, no software no nothing just plug it in and switch to it on whatever platform you are using..
- 1080P High Resolution: With a 1/3 inch CMOS image sensor, the webcam with a resolution of 1920*1080p delivers clear video for video chatting and video recording, provides good performance even in dimly lit rooms (≤ 5 lux)
- Built-in stereo microphone: the two digital microphones provide clear, natural sound and significantly reduce background noise
- Plug & Play: Thanks to USB Video Class (UVC) you do not need to install any drivers or software, simply connect to the USB port of your device
- Compatible with Windows XP/2000/2003/Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS 10.6 and Android 5.0 or above, works with Smart TV, Android TV Box, Skype, MSN, FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Youtube, Yahoo Messenger etc.
- Box contents: Aukey PC-LM1E webcam 1080p, instruction manual (English language not guaranteed)