Sony has announced the start of pre-orders for its newest MASTER Series A9 4K HDR OLED television in Europe. The A9 combines Sony’s high-end innovations in the fields of picture processing and sound for a striking, robust audio-visual amalgam encased in compact 48” to fit even the smallest living room.
Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate is at the heart of the A9’s prowess – it
precisely analyses image data to bring out the intense contrast of OLED with pure blacks, peak brightness and truly realistic pictures. The TV also features Pixel Contrast Booster, which enhances colour and contrast in bright areas so you can enjoy scenes full of lifelike shades and hues, more depth, fine texture and the pure black contrast that only OLED can deliver. Also, the A9 incorporates Sony’s own X-Motion Clarity™ technology, ensuring that even fast action stays smooth and clear. Moving images are precisely controlled to minimise blur so that pictures remain true with less loss in brightness during high speed scenes.
The A9 TV maintains Sony’s legacy of delivering a truly immersive audio-visual experience with the use of Acoustic Surface Audio, which turns the TV screen into a speaker. Two innovative actuators behind the screen vibrate discreetly to create sound, so what you hear comes from the place in the scene where the action is happening – dialogue from characters, engine noise from a car. This ties-in with Sony’s super-slim one slate design where screen meets the edge of the TV, immersing you in the picture without distraction. A powerful subwoofer is subtly integrated into the rear of the TV to create more dynamic, bass-heavy sound – ideal for action movies and music.
The new A9 TV continues to deliver the creator’s intent with Netflix Calibrated Mode. This mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as on a studio evaluation master. With Netflix Calibrated Mode, the creator’s vision and intent is faithfully preserved. Further, the A9 is an IMAX® Enhanced™ product, ready to meet high-quality colour, contrast, clarity and sound, allowing to enjoy a fully immersive at-home entertainment experience that takes full advantage of IMAX Enhanced content.
Sony’s MASTER Series A9 4K HDR OLED TV features Ambient Optimization, a new technology that optimises picture and sound quality in any customer environment. It will automatically adjust the picture brightness to the ambient light in the room, boosting the brightness in bright rooms and reducing in dark rooms for the perfect view. It even detects objects in the room, such as curtains and furniture that can absorb or reflect sound, fine-tuning the acoustics so your sound isn’t compromised.
The A9 features Android TV™ with the Google Assistant, Google Play Store and Chromecast built-in, which offers users easy access to content, services and devices via its extensive platform. Sony’s original user interface menus and voice controls are also enhanced for better daily use. With the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa enabled devices, you may cast and control videos from YouTube with Google Home or change the channel or volume with Amazon Alexa enabled devices. Apple® AirPlay® 2 users can stream movies, music, games and photos to their television right from their iPhone®, iPad® or Mac®. The Apple HomeKit™ technology provides an easy, secure way for users to control their television from their iPhone®, iPad® or Mac®.
Pricing and availability
Sony MASTER Series A9 4K HDR OLED TV is available for pre-order now in the UK and Ireland for £1799 and €2149.
Sony MASTER Series A9 4K HDR OLED TV: Key features
Screen size: 48”
- Newly added 48” size meets consumer demand for smaller, premium quality OLED TVs
- Small and central aluminium stand provides users with flexibility in smaller spaces
- Offers best-in-class picture quality in a smaller size
- Includes Sony’s premium OLED TV features, including Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate, Pixel Contrast Booster and Acoustic Surface Audio™
- X-Motion Clarity for OLED: This revolutionary, highly-acclaimed best-in-class technology from Sony will now be available for OLED, refining action on the screen in real time to make it brighter, clearer and more fluid than ever before for an unparalleled sports viewing experience
- New Ambient Optimization optimises picture and sound quality in any customer environment. It will automatically adjust the picture brightness to the ambient light in the room, boosting the brightness in bright rooms and reducing in dark rooms for the perfect view
- TRILUMINOS™ Display reproduces the subtle nuances of colour, light and gradation from video lens to living room
- Dolby Vision™ and Dolby Atmos™ compatible
- Works with Smart Speakers, including Google Home and Amazon Alexa enabled devices
- Easy connectivity to most devices, including Apple® AirPlay® 2, HomeKit™
- Quick access to an array of content and services with Android TV
- Netflix Calibrated Mode ensures cinematic fidelity for the viewing experience on Netflix. Developed by Sony picture quality engineers in collaboration with Netflix colour scientists, Netflix Calibrated Mode delivers picture quality approaching that of a master monitor used for standard reference in motion picture production studios.
- An IMAX® Enhanced™ product, ready to meet high-quality colour, contrast, clarity and sound. Take comfort in knowing you’ll be enjoying a fully immersive at-home entertainment experience on this TV that takes full advantage of IMAX Enhanced content.
- Custom Mode, along with Sony’s other calibrated viewing modes, provides various viewing options to suit customers’ tastes while faithfully preserving the creator’s intent