Panel discussions on careers in biotech, artificial intelligence and big data will be amongst the highlights of Career Zoo West, the leading professional recruitment and networking event, taking place at Galway Racecourse in Ballybrit on Saturday, 23rd September.
The free event will run from 10am to 5pm over three floors, with leading employers – from the Western Region and across Ireland – taking part.
The Main Stage at Career Zoo West will host discussions throughout the day, with expert insights shared by senior figures from Ireland’s leading employers. Speakers at the event will include:
- Pat Hession, Site Leader at Cisco’s Cloud Collaboration R&D centre;
- Deirdre Giblin, R&D Operations Manager at Ericsson;
- Emma Wadding, HR Advisor at BNP Paribas;
- Damien O’Toole, Master Engineer at Ericsson;
- Dr. Jessamyn Fairfield, physicist, comedian and founder of the ‘Bright Club’ comedy initiative, who will MC a number of panel discussions;
- Colin Donnery, General Manager of FRS Recruitment;
- Marie O’Reilly, Content Editor at IrishJobs.ie; and
- Senior figures from Pramerica, SAP, Medtronic, Aerogen, BioNua, Grifols, Abbott and Merit.
Commenting today (12.09.17), Jackie Slattery, Director of Career Zoo West, said: “Career Zoo is the only careers event focused on professional career opportunities that are based in Ireland.
“We bring together top employers who are offering highly attractive opportunities in locations nationwide. At Career Zoo West, employers will be hiring for a variety of roles across tech, biotech, finance, marketing, HR, sales and other professional services.
“This is our fourteenth Career Zoo event – our first in the Western Region – and we’re delighted to be offering such a strong line-up. Whether you’re actively seeking a new job, or just interested in finding out more about the latest workplace trends and technologies, you’ll find something at Career Zoo West to help with your career development.
“The event is paperless: employers and candidates will be able to exchange information digitally – such as CVs – using a smart-badging system, making networking and collection of data more efficient.”
Panel discussions at Career Zoo West will focus on:
- Careers in Biotech and Project Management;
- Opportunities and emerging trends in Artificial Intelligence and Big Data;
- Women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths); and
- Workplace culture.
In addition to announcing line-up details today, Career Zoo West confirmed that Cisco, the worldwide leader in IT and networking, is on board as an event sponsor. Cisco joins Medtronic, Ericsson, Pramerica and FRS Recruitment, who are also sponsoring the event.
The employers in attendance at Career Zoo West will include STEM-sector leaders, professional and financial services firms, and biotech companies. Admission to the event is free. To register, go to: www.careerzoo.ie/galway.